It's doorhanger season!

Look for company's that use TargusInfo. 99% of Health Company's do not use this, verification service, because they dont care, whats junk and not, I have located one Health company that uses them, and I get leads from. There is one other person that is very successful in Texas that uses the Same lead source, and its none of the ones ever listed. thats how is able to write 200 apps a month, and he never mentions it.

Well for the local advertising a kick-ass website with a functional quote form can't hurt.

I have "marylandquotes.com" which is very easy to remember and three people have offered me money for it.

Just remember that my goal will always be to build a local name for myself and after months and months it's JUST starting to kick in - my phone's starting to ring.

If I can have my phone ring AND quality leads through my site I'm golden. But I'm not doing any marketing outside my locality.

What I need to revisit is a local PPC campaign. I can organize a PPC campain and only people in a certain radius from my house will be able to see the ad.

Yes, it's spring which means barbecuing, mowing the lawn and doorhangers. I started doing these in '04 - have not missed a season.

This year two changes:

1) I just bought mdhealthquotes.com and bought a Norax site template with the engine, back office, whole nine. I used to have a long quote form on my other website that really wasn't configured to maximize leads. By the time my doorhangers get here the site will be live and people will actually be able to see quotes.

2) The doorhanger this year is less wordy. In the past I've had a lot of text. Ditched it.

I have a neighborhood friend who's son graduates from high school and wants to pick up some spare cash. I'm paying $8/hr. Not a bad job - put on the Ipod and slap up doorhangers. Beats slinging burgers.

I'll be getting a 1% response and close 1 out of 5. The math:

10,000 hangers = $500
Put out 200 per hour
50 hours of work to put 'em all out
$8/hr X 50 hours = $400
Total cost = $900
1% X 10,000 = 100 leads
100 leads = $9 per lead
$9 X 5 leads = $45 to get a deal

There's 20 deals out of 10,000 hangers. My average commish is $700 X 20 = $14,000 out of a $900 investment.

Compare with postcard mailers at 50 cents a pop. 10,000 would cost $5,000 - not $900 and the mailer is buried with the other 15 pieces of junk mail they got.

All in all not bad - especially if you have someone you can trust to put them out. Oh, and you need townhouse areas. Single family doesn't work since it takes too long to put 'em out.

Caveats:

• Don't put them out under threat of rain. If they get wet they'll fall off the doors and bond to the font stoop on a molecular level
  • Don't put them out in windy days
  • Do NOT put them out in neighborhoods with no soliciting signs
doorhanger2008uy0.jpg

For the full sized PDF: Free file hosting by Savefile.com

30 cents X 10,000 = $3,000. The doorhangers are $900 including the labor to put them out. That being said, mailers are 100% hassle free - design 'em and ship 'em. They probably pull the same but I'm saving $2,100 per 10,000.

Another thing I like about the hangers is I decide where to put them out - and I choose expensive townhouse areas like mine - $500,000+

So although the return is rather low at 1% I get no broke people. I'm also thinking about paying someone to get out in the morning before 8am and stick 'em on businesses.

30 cents X 10,000 = $3,000. The doorhangers are $900 including the labor to put them out. That being said, mailers are 100% hassle free - design 'em and ship 'em. They probably pull the same but I'm saving $2,100 per 10,000.

Another thing I like about the hangers is I decide where to put them out - and I choose expensive townhouse areas like mine - $500,000+

So although the return is rather low at 1% I get no broke people. I'm also thinking about paying someone to get out in the morning before 8am and stick 'em on businesses.

I average a 2.2% response.

My "cost per sale" is $14, as opposed to $45.

It only goes to self-employed and small business prospects.

Mine's 1% in the past since I'm getting high-prices areas only. However, I might see 2% with my redesigned hanger and Norvax site.

I got a lot of hits on my site from past hangers and I had a poor conversion rate mainly due my long daunting form and no promise of instant quotes.

This is great. 2 different ideas and they both work. I personally prefer the doorhanger method since I can selectively choose the locations.

I will seriously look at the mailing based on the NO HASSLE factor. Meaning ease and not much work.

Great ideas and nice breakdown on the numbers!

Got 10 pounds to drop? 8am to 9am - get out there and slap 'em up. Every day for 5 days = 1,000 placed X 1% = 10 leads = 1 deal (at least.)

Cost is $50
Return is $700
5 hours spent is $140 per hour.

Need a part-time job? I don't think delivering pizzas is gonna earn you $140/hr.

Back