It's doorhanger season!

Got a proof of the cards? I would be interested in knowing what they look like.

5000 cards, 2% return = 100 warm leads = 10 sales = $8000 commission (in round numbers).

Not bad for a weeks work.

For a $45 fee you can use their graphic artist to basically do whatever you want. And yes, at $129 for 5,000 which includes shipping the return will be nice. I have three kids that will plaster them up basically...well everywhere. Even thinking about having them just hand them out to people at events and busy street corners. Anything and everything to get my name out locally.

The one immediately below is the one I'm using. The lowest one was their 1st proof which I hated.

(These proofs don't do them justice - they are high quality glossy.)

Yes:

johnphsaprooftj6.jpg

Hell no:

hsaproofwa9.jpg

Last edited:
Hey John, 3 snaps for laying this all out on the board! Please continue to tell us all of your success!

I've recruited a friend who walks for another job to piggy-back door-hangers for me. Between printing and hanging it will cost me 15 cents each, so I'm open to experimenting with different themes.

John, I was unable to open the acrobat file of your door hanger. Can you paste it like you did the flyer? Thanks.

I am thinking of experimenting with a grid for 10-year term using West Coast rates for standard non-nicotine, and qoutes to age 85 for $100k, $250k and $500k.

My thinking is to give them rates that are likely to fit their profile so they can see the savings vs. their current policy. Now, I could quote for super preferred as a low-ball to get the phone ringing. Even if I can't beat their current term rate it allows me to have a discussion about all of their insurance. However, part of me thinks it best to quote standard since most will fit that profile. But if I quote standard, then I will likely lose the preferreds. Thoughts?

All input is appreciated.

Most people will visit your website, and check you out, the reason you have a problem with leads is your website, That is your office to the people that respond to your ad. Not all will call, the ones that do, I am sure fall into the category of Vimo transfers, Your marketing efforts will produce far better results if you clean up your website and make it more user friendly, No one, will fill out such a long form, and it says nothing about you or your buisness, just another plain insurance website, that consumers bypass. Buisness owners will visit your website, You should have a tracking device of the hits you recieve after your marketing efforts, and see how many people are arriving and leaving quickly, dont ignore the power of your online buisness card. You have great flyers, and you work on improving them to get results, but if you would concentrate on your website, I guarantee you would have more.

It's solid advice and my quote form is indeed too long. I'm actually going to redesign my quote form to be shorter and much more user friendly. I get a decent amount of leads from my site, most a junky but I do write deals off 'em.

Regarding my local efforts - the newly designed "call me - all I need is 5 minutes" has been a success. I'm actually pulling slightly better results then my old flyer touting my website.

Its not only too long, but the buttons for yes or no, do not pull the results you are looking for. Study the Mortgage industry's websites and lead forms, top site, Refinance Mortgage, Home Loan, Home Equity, Home Purchase, Debt Consolidation - LowerMyBills Mortgage industry's Top Quality Lead generating site, with the highest applcation rate to leads received. This just doesnt happen by accident. The health insurance lead vendors, some are catching on. most is just data and not serious purchasers of coverage. You ever wonder why Netquote pulls a higher quality of customer, their problem is, Oversold and horrible affiliates. did you know that PPC ads for leads are some of your lowest converting leads? Everyone worries about PPC, so typing in health insurance quote in google and buying leads from the advertisers on first page, is the biggest mistake agents make, and they think shared leads suck, those leads do and always will.

All true. If your quote form is just data gathering you get tire kickers. Mine's just data gathering which is a mistake.

If more effort was put into it I could design a quote request form to target more buyers, less tire kickers. InsureMe's request form has a nice feature that won't allow a fake address or phone number. Now, if you create a phone number that'll go though, but you can't type in 555-5555.

I tore up InsureMed's PPC leads - closed 'em like crazy. Then they shilled out to Ehealth and affiliates and went in the crapper.

I'm actually going to do a complete website re-design in the next month.

Back