Lead Heroes Review.....

I have purchased lead lists. Didn't realize that's what you were talking about because I can't imagine paying .10 per name when you can get them for less than a penny at ListShack.

I agree about the quality of some of those(you probably paid $4 each so you shouldn't expect too much)TM leads, but it saves you time calling yourself and gives you a place to go . Did you contact them all? Doesn't sound like it according to Glen.

You can also get that data list and cold door knock the ones that are on the DNC list.

----------

One of my favorite sayings. Now I'm going to see that "skinned" cat every time I use it from now on.:laugh:

Exactamundo!:yes:

I am in the wrong business. I just need to buy a list, call seniors and tell them that you will call them back. I can charge you 10 dollars each time. You obviously do not value your time, or have much else going on.

Trust me...I work in a call center. It's possible to blow through that many leads in that time :D

Yeah, if you're using a dialer and calling a list, but a typical field agent who isn't using a dialer wouldn't be able to do that, or at least they wouldn't be able to actually get hold of enough of them to determine if the whole batch was bad or not.

This reminds me of one of my agents who got 20 leads. Tried to call 4 of them, got hold of one who said they we're not interested. From that data, he determined that the other 19 leads were no good and he should be refunded. What??? :goofy:

Just recently made an order a couple weeks back and on the plus side, they are very prompt with delivering their leads with some extra to boot. On the downside, much of what Gilbert said is true about the quality. Several of the leads told me they had told the caller they weren't interested. The script is very general and not easy to understand with some foreigner telling the lead that someone will contact them(presumably by phone) regarding the new state regulated medicare or burial insurance benefit available for residents of ______. One phone conversation that I listened to got cut off before the end of the conversation. My appointment lady is very general as well so just about everyone I got to see had no idea of what I was there for. Once they hear that it's final expense/burial, they say, "Oh, I've taken care of that years ago", or "I've already got enough coverage", or, "I've got all that I can afford already." Now of course you get some of that with DM leads as well, but this was pretty much all of them. I ended up selling two small policies in one house, one of them guaranteed issue, so if they end up keeping the coverage for a whole year, I'll make back what I paid for the leads.

That sounds good to me. I love to meet with people that already bought life insurance.

But whatever their policy is on returns is followed as far as you know?

I did not call them all, but the company provides a recording of the conversation between the telemarketer and the respondent. Listened to all the calls.

That sounds good to me. I love to meet with people that already bought life insurance.

I get this "complaint" all the time from agents.

That is an objection handling problem IMO, not a lead generation problem.

----------

Yeah, if you're using a dialer and calling a list, but a typical field agent who isn't using a dialer wouldn't be able to do that, or at least they wouldn't be able to actually get hold of enough of them to determine if the whole batch was bad or not.

This reminds me of one of my agents who got 20 leads. Tried to call 4 of them, got hold of one who said they we're not interested. From that data, he determined that the other 19 leads were no good and he should be refunded. What??? :goofy:

^^^ Todd, I can empathize with this 100%!!!

But whatever their policy is on returns is followed as far as you know?

Don't know, haven't tried to get any replaced.

----------

I get this "complaint" all the time from agents.

That is an objection handling problem IMO, not a lead generation problem.

----------

When someone tells me that they've got all they can afford, I tend to take them at their word. I'm not going to try to get them to buy something they don't need or want, as it's just going to come off in the near future anyway. I rarely have people that want to go get their policies from the back room to let me review them and make sure they're the right kind of policy. Besides, unless you're talking about Lincoln Heritage which I don't see in my part of the country, I can't beat the price they've got already if they've been having it for 2 years or more, and I wouldn't care to anyway since they've passed their contestability period. I offer them to add to what they've got if it's affordable.

Back