Lead Heroes Review.....

I just purchased leads from them for the first time. Stay away from this kind of practice. Their telemarketers just push through the conversation and tell them an agent will call later. Some said dont call!!, Most of the time they do not talk to the insured and just tell them an agent will call back.

Worthless leads. The presentation is very misleading. They present as a government program that will cover 100% of the cost of final expenses.

You would be much better off paying 10 cents per lead and calling yourself. Dont waste your money.

Wow, I just checked into the hotel after a 7 sale day...

Would love to see Chicago win tonight!

About Lead Heroes

My experience was that the value was there.

Having worked US TM leads, Avatars, and "Foreign" TM''s Like the Lead Hero leads, Glen definitely has a good lead.

My feeling is that you have limited experience with this type of lead and came here to blow off some steam.

I wish you the best but don't blame good lead vendors for your lack of salesmanship..

And the Cubs got a lead off homer... sweet!:laugh:

Jd i'm now following your foot steps replacing existing policy's. But the problems i run into the most. "The policy's in the safety deposit box or i don't know exactly were it is right now" . How do you overcome those objections?But unlike what you seem to run into most of the people with existing coverage 5-10 yrs old is much cheaper that what i can offer. Of course i appeal to their greed and dangle the cash value in their face.Home offices close at 5 pm so if you have a night appt and there surrendering the policy how do you handle that?

That sounds good to me. I love to meet with people that already bought life insurance.

Don't know, haven't tried to get any replaced.

----------

I get this "complaint" all the time from agents.

That is an objection handling problem IMO, not a lead generation problem.

----------

When someone tells me that they've got all they can afford, I tend to take them at their word. I'm not going to try to get them to buy something they don't need or want, as it's just going to come off in the near future anyway. I rarely have people that want to go get their policies from the back room to let me review them and make sure they're the right kind of policy. Besides, unless you're talking about Lincoln Heritage which I don't see in my part of the country, I can't beat the price they've got already if they've been having it for 2 years or more, and I wouldn't care to anyway since they've passed their contestability period. I offer them to add to what they've got if it's affordable.

Disclaimer: I am not an FE only guy. I am a Life Insurance Agent.

I, Like JD, Prefer to talk to people with life Insurance. Since Monday My "FE" sales have been: a 80 year old woman that has loaned out two policies to the point that her premiums and interest payments are about the same as a premium for a larger policy. Also replacing her daughter's term policy with a SIWL. The brother of a client had a 6 month old clean sheeted Banker's policy, Put down non smoker. My $25,000 Smoker policy was less than their $20,000 non T plan. Replacing a Primerica Term plan with a TA $50,000 SIWL plan on a referral from a Farmer's agent. So four "FE" replacements. But I think they are clean replacements. There were a couple of term rewrites as well. Those were within 5 years of terming out.

While I agree that replacing just to replace is not a good idea. There are valid reasons to replace. But again, we can justify anything. :yes:

Jd i'm now following your foot steps replacing existing policy's. But the problems i run into the most. "The policy's in the safety deposit box or i don't know exactly were it is right now" . How do you overcome those objections?But unlike what you seem to run into most of the people with existing coverage 5-10 yrs old is much cheaper that what i can offer. Of course i appeal to their greed and dangle the cash value in their face.Home offices close at 5 pm so if you have a night appt and there surrendering the policy how do you handle that?

I call the company on speaker and we get all their info. The next person I run across that has exactly what they claim will be my first.

I was just sharing this on our chat, I recently set an appointment with a lady that volunteered she had $30K in coverage and couldn't afford anymore. I told her that was fine, I would go over all that when I got there.

She had a couple of several years old policies, one being Shenandoah Golden Promise, for a total of $10K, not $30K.

Her why was more coverage but she thought she had $30K. I couldn't do anything close to that for what she was paying.

She wasn't interested in the cash so we RPU'd the 2 policies for $6500. Then I wrote her a new $7500 policy for what she was already paying. She ended up with $4K more coverage for exactly what she was paying before I got there.

That was kind of a win-win. Except for the fact that she was still very disappointed that she didn't have the $30K.

I rarely do after hours appointments but if I do and we can't get on the phone and they can't find the policies I just have to come back. Or we can do things in writing and I can fax in later.

No matter what you have to get the current info. If they are not cooperating in that then they are not a prospect anyway. Again, it goes back to their WHY.

No WHY, no BUY!! And I'm not spending any more time there than I need to if they can't give a WHY.

Whatever coverage they have they had it when they responded.

----------

That sounds good to me. I love to meet with people that already bought life insurance.

----------

I get this "complaint" all the time from agents.

That is an objection handling problem IMO, not a lead generation problem.

----------

When someone tells me that they've got all they can afford, I tend to take them at their word. I'm not going to try to get them to buy something they don't need or want, as it's just going to come off in the near future anyway. I rarely have people that want to go get their policies from the back room to let me review them and make sure they're the right kind of policy. Besides, unless you're talking about Lincoln Heritage which I don't see in my part of the country, I can't beat the price they've got already if they've been having it for 2 years or more, and I wouldn't care to anyway since they've passed their contestability period. I offer them to add to what they've got if it's affordable.

It seems you just described why you are having problems.

As for them not wanting to get their policies, I can see that. Most don't want to. But it's part of the process. Things change over time. I don't know what I do different now but I remember having a problem with that. Now I don't.

Of course I will have the occasional hardhead that's not going to cooperate. That's OK. Especially if it's later in the day and I've gotten behind. That hardhead just got me back on schedule. I can thank him for that and move on.

You always have to keep learning. I'm in my 13th year selling life insurance and in my 9th year specializing in FE. I'm still on every training call, chat or meeting that my IMO has. I was the same at my previous IMO.

Right now if FEX doesn't have the Friday call I call up Tim Winders and see if I can be on their Friday call. I talk to agents all the time. Not so much for the nuts and bolts stuff now. I pretty much have my gameplan down to science and don't tweak it much. But for the nuances of the business. I want to get their "feel". How do they react or not react to situations? How do they phrase things. When do they not talk? When should they talk? Small things that make big differences.

I call the company on speaker and we get all their info. The next person I run across that has exactly what they claim will be my first.

I was just sharing this on our chat, I recently set an appointment with a lady that volunteered she had $30K in coverage and couldn't afford anymore. I told her that was fine, I would go over all that when I got there.

She had a couple of several years old policies, one being Shenandoah Golden Promise, for a total of $10K, not $30K.

Her why was more coverage but she thought she had $30K. I couldn't do anything close to that for what she was paying.

She wasn't interested in the cash so we RPU'd the 2 policies for $6500. Then I wrote her a new $7500 policy for what she was already paying. She ended up with $4K more coverage for exactly what she was paying before I got there.

That was kind of a win-win. Except for the fact that she was still very disappointed that she didn't have the $30K.

I rarely do after hours appointments but if I do and we can't get on the phone and they can't find the policies I just have to come back. Or we can do things in writing and I can fax in later.

No matter what you have to get the current info. If they are not cooperating in that then they are not a prospect anyway. Again, it goes back to their WHY.

No WHY, no BUY!! And I'm not spending any more time there than I need to if they can't give a WHY.

Whatever coverage they have they had it when they responded.

----------

----------

It seems you just described why you are having problems.

As for them not wanting to get their policies, I can see that. Most don't want to. But it's part of the process. Things change over time. I don't know what I do different now but I remember having a problem with that. Now I don't.

Of course I will have the occasional hardhead that's not going to cooperate. That's OK. Especially if it's later in the day and I've gotten behind. That hardhead just got me back on schedule. I can thank him for that and move on.

You always have to keep learning. I'm in my 13th year selling life insurance and in my 9th year specializing in FE. I'm still on every training call, chat or meeting that my IMO has. I was the same at my previous IMO.

Right now if FEX doesn't have the Friday call I call up Tim Winders and see if I can be on their Friday call. I talk to agents all the time. Not so much for the nuts and bolts stuff now. I pretty much have my gameplan down to science and don't tweak it much. But for the nuances of the business. I want to get their "feel". How do they react or not react to situations? How do they phrase things. When do they not talk? When should they talk? Small things that make big differences.

JD, that is all just basic old school stuff. No magic or super secret sauce. Old Gold. Good stuff.

There are a lot of policies I get excited about when they dig them out that I can usually almost always beat:

- You mentioned Lincoln Heritage
- Old American is grossly over priced
- Bankers Life usually overpriced
- GI MoO

Just a few off the top of my head.

These are people who already realized they had a need. You just have to explain as a broker you represent multiple companies working for them instead of a specific carrier ...

Last edited:
JD you are definitely successful at what you do, and I wouldn't mind doing some of the RPU's as opposed to just straight replacement since that's not usually feasible for me if they've been having it a while. I imagine you lead off with something like, "Mrs. Mary, what if I could show you how you could get more coverage without paying any more than you're currently paying, would you be interested?"

To Fortune202, unless I could get someone with Graded MOO a first day coverage policy, I wouldn't be able to touch their price as it's usually better than even Gerber's GI policy. Many times GI policies are cheaper than first day coverage policies if they're a standard smoker rating.

JD you are definitely successful at what you do, and I wouldn't mind doing some of the RPU's as opposed to just straight replacement since that's not usually feasible for me if they've been having it a while. I imagine you lead off with something like, "Mrs. Mary, what if I could show you how you could get more coverage without paying any more than you're currently paying, would you be interested?"

To Fortune202, unless I could get someone with Graded MOO a first day coverage policy, I wouldn't be able to touch their price as it's usually better than even Gerber's GI policy. Many times GI policies are cheaper than first day coverage policies if they're a standard smoker rating.

I don't think jd would ever use "if I could....would you be interested. ..." recipe for disaster in this market. They have no idea what they are interested in. It's confusing and invites the "I'm just going to hold off for now" response. I explain as clearly as possible the current situation as it relates to the why and tell them as clearly as possible what WE (she and i) are going to do to fix it. Makes sense doesn't it? Paperwork

I don't think jd would ever use "if I could....would you be interested. ..." recipe for disaster in this market. They have no idea what they are interested in. It's confusing and invites the "I'm just going to hold off for now" response. I explain as clearly as possible the current situation as it relates to the why and tell them as clearly as possible what WE (she and i) are going to do to fix it. Makes sense doesn't it? Paperwork

I use this verbiage all the time with success.

So does Mr. Winders...

"If I could qualify you for a program today, could you afford $200 a month?"

Back