Lowest "TRIPS' Production Requirements

We went to the RNA Maui trip which was at the same time of our anniversary. We went early and stayed longer. A week and a half total. RNA catered to our every need! The meetings on the last trip were awful but they listened and the 2 meetings this year were short and sweet. Got to the point and both meetings they gave away prizes like the glasses, iPads and more.

Every trip we go on, I never really feel like we are surrounded by other agents nor do we get haggled with the co exec's during any point of the trips. I love the trips! We go on so many that I have taken family members as my wife couldn't go from time to time so it was nice to take family members too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$36K get's you there as a "buy in" which is cheap. One level up then $96K gets you there free. The higher up, the more cash you get all the up to $2500 cash.

Yes. Easily. But, put your nose to the grind stone. Great thing about a company like this is that even if you don't "qualify", they will look at new agents case by case. If you show the right attitude, desire and dedication, you'll go. Be committed. Write consistently every week. Follow up on your business to conserve. Break down a weekly go and don't stop until you hit it.

With all of that, you have a great shot of going.

Yeah, we added time to our Maui trip also. Went a day early and stayed two days after. Only had to pay for the extra days at the hotel. RNA picked up the tab for everything else.

I won a trip a few years ago while with RNA and when getting ready to go they sprung it on us that the trip was only for the agent. Not were they not going to pay for your spouse to go, they weren't even invited.

Qualified for the Foresters barbados cruise. I have been fortunate enough to go on many insurance trips (some abroad), but they were top notch. They also gave away two pairs of Maui Jim glasses to the qualifier and their spouse. Must be a fraternal thing LOL. I have also qualified for their Fiji trip next yr which should be a heck of a trip.

I am looking to make the next RNA trip hopefully. I have just secured a nice contract with them (direct) and plan to make them my go to carrier in the next couple weeks. I have never written for them before but the higher comp than Foresters, plus the fact that they have some fully underwritten, good rates for high face amts (which I have seem to need a lot lately) make them a good alternative. Plus Foresters have been in a pain in the @ss to deal with lately.

Qualified for the Foresters barbados cruise. I have been fortunate enough to go on many insurance trips (some abroad), but they were top notch. They also gave away two pairs of Maui Jim glasses to the qualifier and their spouse. Must be a fraternal thing LOL. I have also qualified for their Fiji trip next yr which should be a heck of a trip.

I am looking to make the next RNA trip hopefully. I have just secured a nice contract with them (direct) and plan to make them my go to carrier in the next couple weeks. I have never written for them before but the higher comp than Foresters, plus the fact that they have some fully underwritten, good rates for high face amts (which I have seem to need a lot lately) make them a good alternative. Plus Foresters have been in a pain in the @ss to deal with lately.

This is the same reason they have become one of my go to companies over Foresters! Foresters has just gotten way to big for their britches!

How many of you are still waiting to get that "return phone call within 4 hours" from Foresters? :D

Assurity had a nice trip to Hawaii that I went on. They gave you a list of things to do while you were there and allowed you to pick two things from the list and they paid for it.

It was a trip of a lifetime.

Question about these trips, as I indicated I rarely go on them anymore. From an indy standpoint do all agents qualify for trips including those in downlines?

I think that a true indy agent would have a harder time qualifying for the trips. That means that RNA, ONL, Foresters or whoever would have to be the perfect fit for 80% of your clients. We all like to say that we put the client first. But things like Commissions, persistency, loyalties, leads and trips many times are part of the mix when we decide who we put Mrs Jones with.

My favorites have been an 8-day Alaskan Cruise from ForeThought a few years back and The Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas from Assurant/American Memorial.

I've been on 15 of them but those two stood out as the best.

Back in the day when ForeThought was owned by Hillenbrand they would not only send you on a nice trip and pay for everything but they also sent you a 5-piece Sampsonite luggage set, a new camcorder and gave you spending money plus paid for 2-excursions. They were a class act in those days.

Question about these trips, as I indicated I rarely go on them anymore. From an indy standpoint do all agents qualify for trips including those in downlines?

It depends on the carrier. Most carriers only qualify the agent. Some will allow the MGA/RD but if you're a "submanager", most won't allow you to qualify based on your agents. I think that's wrong but it's up to the carrier. The one's that I know of that allow all to qualify off of your downline agents regardless of your title or position is UHL, Foresters, Lincoln, Senior Life and I'm sure there's a few more. Those are the only ones I know of.
Did you mean $36k is the pro rate amount with SL? How much is the buy in?

I'm getting my first batch of leads next week. However I'm writing a few cases already that have been declined from other co's.

I'm going to focus on field sales since I'll have local leads but would you suggest phone sales to reach more people and save drive time, etc.?

$36K is the buy-in. I don't really want to comment on whether you should add phone sales to your way of selling as I don't want to step on my counter-parts toes when it comes to training. I don't know what group you're in or how they sell so I would suggest you get with him or her and lay out a game plan on what will get you to the level you're looking for.

If field sales is what you know, stick to it. If you can adapt easy. If you always hit your goals. If you work until those goals are met, then work out a plan to sell over the phone after you hit your field sales goals. That is how we approach our agents and their strengths and weakness's.

Last edited:
It depends on the carrier. Most carriers only qualify the agent. Some will allow the MGA/RD but if you're a "submanager", most won't allow you to qualify based on your agents. I think that's wrong but it's up to the carrier. The one's that I know of that allow all to qualify off of your downline agents regardless of your title or position is UHL, Foresters, Lincoln, Senior Life and I'm sure there's a few more. Those are the only ones I know of.

$36K is the buy-in. I don't really want to comment on whether you should add phone sales to your way of selling as I don't want to step on my counter-parts toes when it comes to training. I don't know what group you're in or how they sell so I would suggest you get with him or her and lay out a game plan on what will get you to the level you're looking for.

If field sales is what you know, stick to it. If you can adapt easy. If you always hit your goals. If you work until those goals are met, then work out a plan to sell over the phone after you hit your field sales goals. That is how we approach our agents and their strengths and weakness's.

That's pretty much what he told. Start in the field and move to phones,although he said I can do phones as well if I want.

How much is the buy in at $36000? And I'm assuming that's written premium, not commissions?

Back