Marketing Plan to Sell 40 Med Supps a Month?

No F2F.

Telesales only.

Focus on T65 but get a fair number of people post 65 and outside of AEP.

I will agree it is probably difficult for someone who does not have sales experience, especially insurance sales, to start out with Medicare telesales, but there are folks on this forum that have done it.

I am a one man shop working out of my home. No assistants. No downline agents. I answer my own phone.

Others here have regular offices and a posse of agents that sell under them. They do quite well also. Some only sell Medigap. Others cross sell dental, cancer, etc.

Find something that works for you and do it.

Bob hit the nail on the head with this one. I've had a call center, an office to drive to each day, and a bunch of people I had to babysit. Then I was a one-man show. Now I have a small group and we all work remotely, help a ton of people by phone, make fantastic livings, and pretty much live the lives of our dreams with tons of freedom while still working very hard which we love.

Sometimes you've have to put the time and effort in to realize what you "really" want out of it all, and all that matters is what you really want out of it all.

----------

I hope it can be the best $10 investment you can make in your insurance career!

Well look at that Glen, just when we thought you couldn't get more famous. Congrats! I'll definitely be loading up the Kindle with it tonight, good for you.

Last edited:
I only offer Medigap, and only in one state.

No PDP.

No MA.

No cross-selling.

Wish someone had told me this wouldn't work when I shifted to Medicare 5 years ago.

Do you say anything about PDPs? If you do, or when the client brings them up, do you refer them to an associate, Ritter, or medicare.gov? Do you make any mention of dental or other products, just so you can steer people in the right direction or make no mention of them?

I run PDP reports on Medicare, go over them in detail with clients and show them how to save $$$ with discount coupons, mail order and using Canadian pharmacies.

I give them the option of enrolling direct with the carrier or via Mcare.gov

If they ask about dental I tell them the truth. Don't waste your money.

How do you handle these things?

Last edited:
Back