Marketing Plan to Sell 40 Med Supps a Month?

Yep, any other plan I've seen has like $300 every other year limit for glasses, or $200 for hearing aids. While $1,500 won't pay for hearing aids, it goes lot further than $200. I also like that they'll pay for dentures.

I agree with you, I think the pool of money, paying on actual charges and no network sets CUL's plan above the rest. I'm glad they also upped the issue age to 85 and now are guaranteed renewable for life.

Just like any other type of insurance, if it's explained to the policyholder how it works, there shouldn't be any problem.

Have you used CUL? It looks good on paper, but how does it REALLY work?

Next year I'll be rolling into my 3rd year of coverage with CUL and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for poor genetics, I had to have about $1,100 in dental work in year 1 and $1,300 (root canal) in year 2. The change to paying actual charges practically eliminates any of the service calls we were receiving on it.

I haven't used it myself yet, but will probably soon. I've sold a few, no complaints yet. Don't expect to have any, because they understand how it works(until they go to use it, LOL) and 12 month wait on Major/6 months on Glasses/12 months on new Hearing Aids and repairs on old ones.

Other than the waiting periods I just mentioed, everything is 60% year 1, 70% year 2 and 80% thereafter. In 6 months I'll get myself a spare pair of bi-focals and instead of paying $330, I'll pay $132. With my commissions, I'll already be ahead of the game.

There's a 12 month wait for pre-existing conditions that are DOCUMENTED. So if you go in the day it's effective to get a filling that your dentist hasn't seen you for previously...it's covered. I'll be trying that out shortly too.:yes:

----------

Next year I'll be rolling into my 3rd year of coverage with CUL and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for poor genetics, I had to have about $1,100 in dental work in year 1 and $1,300 (root canal) in year 2. The change to paying actual charges practically eliminates any of the service calls we were receiving on it.

Shoot, you had enough left over for a pair of glasses.:cool:

I haven't used it myself yet, but will probably soon. I've sold a few, no complaints yet. Don't expect to have any, because they understand how it works(until they go to use it, LOL) and 12 month wait on Major/6 months on Glasses/12 months on new Hearing Aids and repairs on old ones.

Other than the waiting periods I just mentioed, everything is 60% year 1, 70% year 2 and 80% thereafter. In 6 months I'll get myself a spare pair of bi-focals and instead of paying $330, I'll pay $132. With my commissions, I'll already be ahead of the game.

There's a 12 month wait for pre-existing conditions that are DOCUMENTED. So if you go in the day it's effective to get a filling that your dentist hasn't seen you for previously...it's covered. I'll be trying that out shortly too.:yes:

Sounds like Medico, but with fewer restrictions?

I don't know what video you're referring to, but I never felt that dental plans were worth it either. I've had several available to me, but never saw the value in them. I never sold one until I picked up Central United Life. Their's is a good one, a DVH...I actually took one out for myself.

As far as the $2 a month commission, it's better than that. I understand that some agents are getting short changed at 40%/5% commision...I'm getting 55%/7% with no production requirement. 2 of these individual plans equal a Med Supp commission. You should check them out. Note, I'm not a marketer.

I'm betting that's not available in FL and if/when it does it'll probably be a low %.

Just checked out my medico contract. It's in the upper 30% in most states and 16% for FL. And no one wants a reimbursement plan. :(
But I just started telling people to put your money in a shoebox.

I was able to write 180 apps this past year. Started in April. When I started I had heard horror stories about the service work also. To be honest it hasn't been too bad although I'm starting to get more calls now that my book is growing some. This is def another reason to move more focus to Med Supps tho. I can see this getting out of hand down the road a bit. But we have a really good $0 prem Med Adv here so getting them to enroll is not to hard.

One thing to note is that with Med Supps you will make more on average up front b/c unless they are new to Medicare you will only get paid the renewal amount x remaining months in the year. Med Supps will pay the entire first year comm on every sale. So if you do market for Med Adv try and hit the t65 crowd some if you can

Hi Roy. How did you get your 1st 5 Apps? How hard was it for you to get started? How hard are you hustling to write 180 in a year? How many did you write your 1st year?

Sounds like Medico, but with fewer restrictions?

The only thing CUL's dental plan has in common with Medico's is that they're both DVH plans. Medico doesn't have the pool of money and uses usual and customary charges. I picked Medico up a coupe of years ago just for their DVH. After I studied it, I never used it. Since I picked them up they've changed their DVH 2 times...each time getting worse.

----------

I'm betting that's not available in FL and if/when it does it'll probably be a low %.

Just checked out my medico contract. It's in the upper 30% in most states and 16% for FL. And no one wants a reimbursement plan. :(
But I just started telling people to put your money in a shoebox.

I don't know if they're in Florida or not. It seems like I saw somebody say it was on Family Life paper in their state.

I felt that way too about saving their money, until this one.

Hi Roy. How did you get your 1st 5 Apps? How hard was it for you to get started? How hard are you hustling to write 180 in a year? How many did you write your 1st year?

This was my first year.

Got my first 3-4 apps last week in March while I was out training with another local agent. She gave me some DM leads to call and make appts with. I basically did the presentation and she was just there to make sure things went smooth.

After that I ordered my first DM leads waited 3 weeks for my first batch to come in and then just started working my leads. I went from 2k DM leads a month to 4k a month which is what I drop now.

I hustled pretty hard b/c I wanted to get off to a good start and build some momentum. I made calls as often as I could to make sure I always had some appts set up over the next several days. I worked at least 3-4 hours on Saturdays making calls to set up beginning of my next week. The hardest part is setting the appt. Once you get an appt then you have a real good chance of getting the enrollment.

My advice would be to find an FMO who will help you with lead cost based on your production. At least at first until you build up your book a little. This will help you be able to buy enough leads to get the sales you want

This was my first year.

Got my first 3-4 apps last week in March while I was out training with another local agent. She gave me some DM leads to call and make appts with. I basically did the presentation and she was just there to make sure things went smooth.

After that I ordered my first DM leads waited 3 weeks for my first batch to come in and then just started working my leads. I went from 2k DM leads a month to 4k a month which is what I drop now.

I hustled pretty hard b/c I wanted to get off to a good start and build some momentum. I made calls as often as I could to make sure I always had some appts set up over the next several days. I worked at least 3-4 hours on Saturdays making calls to set up beginning of my next week. The hardest part is setting the appt. Once you get an appt then you have a real good chance of getting the enrollment.

My advice would be to find an FMO who will help you with lead cost based on your production. At least at first until you build up your book a little. This will help you be able to buy enough leads to get the sales you want

Congrats sounds like you had great 1st year.

Were you Working about 60 hours a week? You spend $4k a month on DM leads? 180 apps * 360 commission = $64,800. 9 months dm leads =$36k. net about $30k? Numbers about right?

And this coming year should be great for you.

Congrats sounds like you had great 1st year.

Were you Working about 60 hours a week? You spend $4k a month on DM leads? 180 apps * 360 commission = $64,800. 9 months dm leads =$36k. net about $30k? Numbers about right?

And this coming year should be great for you.

I was working probably around 40-50 hours a week. I tried to make sure I was actively doing something for 8 hours a day that was helping me reach my sales goals. That could be making calls, running appts, reading forums, watching training videos, etc...If I had appts on a given day, when I got home I would make calls up until 6-7 to maximize my chance to get hold of people.

My 4k mailers cost was closer to 1-2k per month b/c I would get free 1k mail drops here and there for production. 1k mailers is $450 so it isn't that bad really. And I wrote mostly Med Adv w/ about 1/5 new to medicare so fyc probably a little lower than 64K but lead cost was lower also so 30k net seems about right.

I was at about 110 apps going in to AEP so renewals are looking ok. Hoping for a big year this year to really be in good shape next January. Time to grind. lol

Back