Medicare Millionaire

Haven't done DM in probably 10 years.

Tried TM a few years ago. Spent about $1,000 and no sales. Never been a fan of interruption marketing.

Millionaire, I imagine everyone get's higher returns during AEP for the reasons you stated. The challenge is having a message that is compelling enough to cut through the clutter.

I tried internet just prior to launching MedMill. I had no problem creating opportunites to sell, but ran into a buzzsaw when getting beneficiaries qualified. I then reevaluated and determined that my approach 67+ was not my best decision. I should have ran with T65. Having said that, I had not time or money to invest in another launch, so I went back to what I know.

My focus is T65 but I will write anyone if they are healthy. My mix a few years ago was 20 - 30% underwritten, the rest T65. Now my underwritten business is probably closer to 10%.

Over 65 business can be good if you know what you are doing. I pre-screen those folks in the first 5 minutes to determine if they are valid prospects or not. This time of year I get a lot of people looking to change their Medigap "because it is open enrollment". Those are short conversations. Before quoting a rate I ask if they are healthy. Anything related to heart, stroke, cancer, diabetes? If all no answers I ask about med's.

If still OK I give them a rate and email health questions.

If everything still is good I take an application. Almost every underwritten app I submit is approved.

This year I have done about 50 underwritten apps which is a lot more than usual. Three were declined. One I knew probably would be and told the applicant it might happen. The other two were a surprise. Neither one wanted to call the carrier and find out why so I moved on to someone else.

My focus is T65 but I will write anyone if they are healthy. My mix a few years ago was 20 - 30% underwritten, the rest T65. Now my underwritten business is probably closer to 10%.

Over 65 business can be good if you know what you are doing. I pre-screen those folks in the first 5 minutes to determine if they are valid prospects or not. This time of year I get a lot of people looking to change their Medigap "because it is open enrollment". Those are short conversations. Before quoting a rate I ask if they are healthy. Anything related to heart, stroke, cancer, diabetes? If all no answers I ask about med's.

If still OK I give them a rate and email health questions.

If everything still is good I take an application. Almost every underwritten app I submit is approved.

This year I have done about 50 underwritten apps which is a lot more than usual. Three were declined. One I knew probably would be and told the applicant it might happen. The other two were a surprise. Neither one wanted to call the carrier and find out why so I moved on to someone else.

Good info, especially the prequalifying in first 5 minutes of call. I believe that would have eliminated some of my headaches in that market.

I have one telemarketer calling. It is a very simple approach. We're calling to review your insurance, whether that be medical, dental, vision, life. We inform them that we are often able to save them money and prevent unexpected problems. Close with a simple "we can have our agent there tomorrow, would morning or afternoon work best for you?"

Any guidance on hiring a reliable worker from PH? I had to fire mine today because she was caught on upwork's screen capture software hitting random keys instead of calling my list :(

Any guidance on hiring a reliable worker from PH? I had to fire mine today because she was caught on upwork's screen capture software hitting random keys instead of calling my list :(

I suggest treating them as you would any other worker. Which means being friendly and getting to know them. I think they are so far away they feel detached and really have no connection with you as a person. You may have the same thought. Both parties feel they can be ghosted at any time.

I've had great success because I've taken the time to get to know them. I joke around and treat them like anyone else, not like a person on the other side of the world. My current telemarketer has a job, not a temporary position and she knows it. Having said that, ghosting is always a possibility.

My suggestion is to hire two of them at $3.00 per hour. Have one call 9am - 1pm, the other to call at 1:30pm to 5:30pm. Keep 2 in the rotation until you get one that deserves more hours and a raise. Mine is at $5.00hr and 7 hours a day.

Lastly, understand these people understand our culture better then we expect. So, treat them as you would anyone else. Also, take the time to listen to them and correct their pronunciation until their accent isn't a hindrance to their performance

It's not expensive to go through a handful of these people until you get a good one.

I suggest treating them as you would any other worker. Which means being friendly and getting to know them. I think they are so far away they feel detached and really have no connection with you as a person. You may have the same thought. Both parties feel they can be ghosted at any time.

I've had great success because I've taken the time to get to know them. I joke around and treat them like anyone else, not like a person on the other side of the world. My current telemarketer has a job, not a temporary position and she knows it. Having said that, ghosting is always a possibility.

My suggestion is to hire two of them at $3.00 per hour. Have one call 9am - 1pm, the other to call at 1:30pm to 5:30pm. Keep 2 in the rotation until you get one that deserves more hours and a raise. Mine is at $5.00hr and 7 hours a day.

Lastly, understand these people understand our culture better then we expect. So, treat them as you would anyone else. Also, take the time to listen to them and correct their pronunciation until their accent isn't a hindrance to their performance

It's not expensive to go through a handful of these people until you get a good one.
These people as you refer to them are people first and foremost and they deserve more than you are paying them.

These people as you refer to them are people first and foremost and they deserve more than you are paying them.

Right.

First of all - he is paying these two people more than you are paying these two people. Unless I missed something, the agent paying the caller $3/hr or $5/hr is paying overseas people more than those complaining about it...

Secondly, is the cost of living in the Philippines is the same as where you live?

Right.

First of all - he is paying these two people more than you are paying these two people. Unless I missed something, the agent paying the caller $3/hr or $5/hr is paying overseas people more than those complaining about it...

Secondly, is the cost of living in the Philippines is the same as where you live?

Someone in the Philippines making $5 an hour is doing great, assuming there aren't too many expenses to eat that up.

Last edited:
Back