Motivation

Good stuff. I love stories like that. I especially love listening to guys like Les Brown, Eric Thomas, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, etc.

I remember something a sales manager said to me way back in 1991 that has stuck with me ever since. He told me that when he was an agent and felt lazy and not wanting to see the people he would find a house being re-roofed and watch the guys work in the hot Florida sun. If that don't motivate one to make the calls then not much else would.

Later on I found out he just liked watching the guys... (not really).

I would suggest that we all watch this video, quit making excuses, and go do what we need to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srinqyyr6AE

I would suggest that if you have to watch a video to "get motivated"... then you're not motivated enough for this business.

Drive, desire, and ambition... can't be faked. Either you want to do this... or you don't.

If you have call reluctance or other self-imposed fears & limitations... admit that to yourself... but be motivated enough to work through and conquer them. Even if it's just doing a little bit per day.

If you need help with getting better at what you do... just ask. Unmotivated people will simply continue to blame circumstances for where they are.

If you're not motivated... just quit. Do yourself, your company, and your family that favor.

If you're motivated... just keep going. Continue to look for solutions and philosophies that suit you for the success you want.

I remember something a sales manager said to me way back in 1991 that has stuck with me ever since. He told me that when he was an agent and felt lazy and not wanting to see the people he would find a house being re-roofed and watch the guys work in the hot Florida sun. If that don't motivate one to make the calls then not much else would.

Later on I found out he just liked watching the guys... (not really).

I've always found that vastly more motivational than someone telling me I should do well.

But as DHK said, if you can't self-motivate, you are going to have a hard time in any profession where you work independently.

It maybe true but videos like this provide a little nudge which is always good.

Last edited:
There is an Old man that goes to the cafe by my work. Him and his wife foster kids in Thailand. It costs $248 a year for college and his Foster Daughter is a license Accountant making $4 an hour. The Land of the Free and land of opportunity.

#grateful

I would suggest that if you have to watch a video to "get motivated"... then you're not motivated enough for this business.

Drive, desire, and ambition... can't be faked. Either you want to do this... or you don't.

If you have call reluctance or other self-imposed fears & limitations... admit that to yourself... but be motivated enough to work through and conquer them. Even if it's just doing a little bit per day.

If you need help with getting better at what you do... just ask. Unmotivated people will simply continue to blame circumstances for where they are.

If you're not motivated... just quit. Do yourself, your company, and your family that favor.

If you're motivated... just keep going. Continue to look for solutions and philosophies that suit you for the success you want.

I absolutely disagree. Motivation is not a constant and some days we all feel more motivated than others. That is why some of the biggest leaders and wealthiest people in the world seek are the biggest advocates of motivation.

----------

I like to do a quick drive by of the wealthiest neighborhood. Quickest motivation.

Zig Ziglar - When asked if motivation lasts, he said "absolutely not... But then again neither does bathing, or eating."

There is a huge difference between motivation and drive. Ive got drive, I can't sit still. I can't not be busy doing or learning something. That being said motivation is the difference between listening to the head trash, baggage and nay sayers and having faith in yourself or believing in yourself.

I have a lot of respect for DHK's posts on here, I have read a good number of them at this point. Drive and ambition or desire aren't taught their learned/engraved by life experience. I have to agree with him there.

Motivation is the difference between accepting fate and charting your own course.

Sometimes you have to compelling evidence against the head trash, sometimes you need to know why you can. when you've been convinced all your life that you won't/can't. It takes a lot of reprogramming to fix that and you do need to get a good speaker or book to remind yourself why you do what you do, that you can do it.

Back