New Senior Life TV Ad

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Havecyou seen the Senior Life Ad claiming to save a male $600 and a female $400 plus get them cash back from their old "over priced" policy ?

Havecyou seen the Senior Life Ad claiming to save a male $600 and a female $400 plus get them cash back from their old "over priced" policy ?
Unless they are emailing it directly to Lincoln Heritage policy holders, how would they do that?

Unless they are emailing it directly to Lincoln Heritage policy holders, how would they do that?
This was a TV ad. They can't beat LH by that much. Using their Super Preferred they might could some of the higher GI companies but not if the policies are old enough for the policies to have cash value. Their level benefit FE plan is higher than LH,s comparable plan.

From an advertising perspective, it doesn’t matter what percentage of prospects will actually be able to save that much. It only matters how many inbound calls are generated. The fact that they show a legitimate example of a client who did save money gives the impression that they must be lower priced than other FE companies. If the ad hits a prospect at the right moment, they’ll call in to get that perceived lower quote. Once they’ve got the prospect on the phone, they own him (at least until they get replaced!).

They do have email.
About 10-12 years ago, I remember several forum members making assumptions about seniors being tech-averse. I got a chuckle out of it at the time because my 72 year old mom, and my 80 year old mother-in-law, were both active on FaceBook nearly every day!

These days most of my clients prefer text messages rather than email. Yet I was still surprised recently when, as I was quoting a 79 year old lady over the phone, she asked me to just text the quotes to her!

About 10-12 years ago, I remember several forum members making assumptions about seniors being tech-averse. I got a chuckle out of it at the time because my 72 year old mom, and my 80 year old mother-in-law, were both active on FaceBook nearly every day!

These days most of my clients prefer text messages rather than email. Yet I was still surprised recently when, as I was quoting a 79 year old lady over the phone, she asked me to just text the quotes to her!

Not that many years ago I could have probably counted on one hand the clients that had a smart phone and knew how to use it.

Now I have many that seem to prefer texts.

I still don’t have many that have or use email.

I do see quite a few PC’s now that are dust covered.

Agents using DM leads are going to see less social media than those using other leads.

Mainly because if they have other ways to contact for info they use it.

Last edited:

Yup. Same with telesales won't work. Online leads are a no go. Seniors don't text. Tablets and laptops scare Seniors.

Today, many of those guys are remote sales championing IMOs.

Whole new generation of agents coming in that don't know that Ned Ryerson was a real characterization in a sense. Or that pajamas sales won't work.

Change is good.
But good or bad, it is always coming.

Back