Senior citizen beat down

If most calls are coming from overseas call centers, who is the gov't supposed to arrest? There's no way to stop these call centers.
Yes, there is. Newby outlined quite well. And ultimately, the insurance carriers are responsible for the actions of the people in the field doing the marketing. The fines (on the carrier) can be major, too. The government can even suspend a company's right to sell for a while, and that actually used to happen back about 10 years ago. Aetna, Anthem, and Wellcare got suspended, almost surely some others, for a year (could keep existing customers, but couldn't bring on new clients or even roll existing customers to another plan). The companies are obviously not making any honest effort to enforce anything. The training goes on ad nauseum about what a compliant sale is, yet I know agents who violate the rules all the time, and NOTHING ever happens to them. The companies only care about sales, and frankly, they don't give two shits about how the sales is made; any one agent, if following ALL the rules, would be challenged to close more than two sales a day on average (not everyone you make a presentation to signs up). As soon as Joe Superstar starts logging sales at a rate of 5+ a day, the companies ought to be going over that guy with a fine-tooth comb to see how he is closing that many deals, day after day after day. There could be a database that checks the sales with the various carriers, just to see how many sales a guy is making. Fact is that the marketing regulations are onerous, and eat up a lot of time if you follow them; like that rule that says you are supposed to go over the entire outline of coverage even the customer isn't interested in going over the entire thing. I've lost sales to the 48-hour rule -- some other agent slides in there while I'm waiting for two days to make the sales presentation . . . most seniors have no patience once they get something on their mind, they want to do it now (so they can stop worrying about it); the agents who break the law(s) make more sales, and unless they outright steal money, neither the companies nor the government will do anything about it.

Once you say yes to the qualifying call, that it is ok to transfer you to an agent, you have become an inbound call so it is not illegal for the real agent to talk to you.

--------------------------------------
Edit 02/25/2024
This may be an incorrect comment.
See further discussion comments below.
----------------------------------------
You must be one of them? First of all, I make sure to never say I want to be transferred, or that I want to buy something. And as Newby pointed out, it is illegal to cold call someone for the purpose of selling a Part C or Pard D plan; period; and it's illegal even if the person who received the call decides to buy that way. (And clearly, the robo-calls must work, or they wouldn't be happening.) It follows the same pattern as with a school teacher who has sex with a student: even if the student is 100% fine with it, it's still illegal for the teacher to do it.

Your mindset is not right yet because you are thinking this: I seem to be having more luck giving quotes over the phone. But no sales.

When you say "more luck" but you are not making sales what are you calling luck. Giving quotes is not the goal. That should come later in the process and never on the phone if you are selling face to face.

Your ONLY goal on the phone is to get the appointment. If you haven't done it already, spend some time listening to the recordings on the FexContracting website. Those agents are really successful FE agents. They all follow a similar process. If you are looking for a different upline where you will be trained and have a lot of input from successful people doing the same thing you are doing fill out the contact form on that site. But you are welcome to learn all you can from it without talking to anyone.

You don't need luck. You need a process that is proven to work. And possibly better leads. Facebook leads are not great quality leads in most cases. Would you rather be the agent that spent $50 on leads and made $0 sales? Or the one that spent $700 on leads and made $5,000 in sales? Of course we would all like to spend $50 and make $5,000. But no one in the world is doing that consistently. Except every recruiter on Facebook and YouTube. lol
this. read this. I have actually sold door to door because as my name implies, a debit agent or home service agent. seems like this agent thinks if he quotes it over the phone he is actually accomplishing something. you don't quote at the door either. knock on the door, get in. call on the phone, get in.
I think this agent needs to sell the fact that he needs to get in the home, first. work on that, first. or just become a tele sales agent.

and by "getting in", I don't necessarily mean right now. get into good standing. get into the trust of the folks. now or soon, but maybe not on initial knock or call. sometimes it happens quickly but not always.

I could call one hundred people right now, just say, "55 dollars a month.." and accomplish nothing. numbers mean nothing on the phone, without a presentation to back up the numbers. sell the value of the service first, then comes the price. the agent is just giving out prices, that mean nothing.

Last edited:
Back