Senior citizen beat down

tippingpoint

Super Genius
I'm two full weeks into FE sales. I'm trying to set appointments, I'm knocking on leads doors, and I'm working the phone. I seem to be having more luck giving quotes over the phone. But no sales. I don't know how much business you write on follow ups but I have generated some follow up calls for tomorrow and next week.

I'm generating my own leads and people know the ad and exactly what I'm selling when they answer the phone. I've got about 80 leads so far. About 20 no's and 10 follow ups. Not much luck at the doors just a lot of driving.

You're probably thinking, ask your IMO/FMO. I'm probably going to have to move to another one. I would prefer to just leave it at that.

A lot of people already have insurance and have no idea what they've got. This is probably the biggest road block I'm hitting, in addition to all the others. What's the secret to a policy a day? I've seen some people on youtube running apointments selling multiple policies a day. I'm just looking for one! How do you move from activity to sales?

Are you guys making many sales on follow up calls? What would you guess is your percentage of closed sales that come from a follow up call? Or is this a lose them forever if you don't get them right then and there?

Are you guys making many sales on follow up calls? What would you guess is your percentage of closed sales that come from a follow up call? Or is this a lose them forever if you don't get them right then and there?
It's a one call close. I don't do follow ups. If I meet with someone and they don't buy I trash that lead.

I don't contact them again until they send in a new lead. And they will.

Some do call me after they didn't buy. Probably all of them buy if they call back. I can't remember one that didn't.

The only discussion I have on the phone is to set the appointment. No health questions, no pricing, nothing but time and place.

If I DK and all the parties on the lead are not present, I don't do a presentation.

Nor do I present to uninterested people. I find their WHY immediately upon sitting down. If there's no WHY then I'm out of there in less than 5 minutes.

Being new you probably shouldn't do that.

Your mindset is not right yet because you are thinking this: I seem to be having more luck giving quotes over the phone. But no sales.

When you say "more luck" but you are not making sales what are you calling luck. Giving quotes is not the goal. That should come later in the process and never on the phone if you are selling face to face.

Your ONLY goal on the phone is to get the appointment. If you haven't done it already, spend some time listening to the recordings on the FexContracting website. Those agents are really successful FE agents. They all follow a similar process. If you are looking for a different upline where you will be trained and have a lot of input from successful people doing the same thing you are doing fill out the contact form on that site. But you are welcome to learn all you can from it without talking to anyone.

You don't need luck. You need a process that is proven to work. And possibly better leads. Facebook leads are not great quality leads in most cases. Would you rather be the agent that spent $50 on leads and made $0 sales? Or the one that spent $700 on leads and made $5,000 in sales? Of course we would all like to spend $50 and make $5,000. But no one in the world is doing that consistently. Except every recruiter on Facebook and YouTube. lol

I'm two full weeks into FE sales. I'm trying to set appointments, I'm knocking on leads doors, and I'm working the phone. I seem to be having more luck giving quotes over the phone. But no sales. I don't know how much business you write on follow ups but I have generated some follow up calls for tomorrow and next week.

I'm generating my own leads and people know the ad and exactly what I'm selling when they answer the phone. I've got about 80 leads so far. About 20 no's and 10 follow ups. Not much luck at the doors just a lot of driving.

You're probably thinking, ask your IMO/FMO. I'm probably going to have to move to another one. I would prefer to just leave it at that.

A lot of people already have insurance and have no idea what they've got. This is probably the biggest road block I'm hitting, in addition to all the others. What's the secret to a policy a day? I've seen some people on youtube running appointments selling multiple policies a day. I'm just looking for one! How do you move from activity to sales?
Out of curiosity, do your ads plainly state that you are offering to sell life insurance? As I approach "that age," I am magically receiving those direct mail cards in the mail. Some of the ads talk about a "new government-approved program to help pay for final expenses," and others say "get information about Social Security" on them.

Out of curiosity, do your ads plainly state that you are offering to sell life insurance? As I approach "that age," I am magically receiving those direct mail cards in the mail. Some of the ads talk about a "new government-approved program to help pay for final expenses," and others say "get information about Social Security" on them.
We can run any verbiage that the agent chooses to use.

Back