I finally understand the attraction of senior life

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
After all these yrs I now understand why agents go there . This kid Johnny nitifan who’s claim to fame is being on Cody askins “ ultimate agent” tv show last yr just went there . He said he’s no longer an ins agent “ but a business owner “ . He’s been at 3-4 agency’s last 2 yrs . He talked about how hard telesales is with 6 different CO’s to learn the underwriting and have to pivot CO’s when denied . He said senior life takes “ everyone “ . So no matter what it gets issued . But he failed to say a ton will be gi. He also mentioned the beauty of the legacy ( this is the koolaide the sl agents drink to sell products 40% higher than the avg co) .

What caught my attention was “ I only have to teach 1 company to all my agents . They write 0-85 and every single policy will be issued “ . We’ve been looking at Sl in the wrong light . How many agents you ever heard “ I’m going to sl because they got great products and I can sell more “ ? None zero . Everyone that goes there is being sold the mlm business model of building a business with simplicity of easy application and all get issued and only mastering 1 company . They don’t give a dam wether the client is paying 50% more than company A. There selling the concept of building a business to override 100’s. The motivation from day 1 is to either build a downline then or one day .

After all these yrs I now understand why agents go there . This kid Johnny nitifan who’s claim to fame is being on Cody askins “ ultimate agent” tv show last yr just went there . He said he’s no longer an ins agent “ but a business owner “ . He’s been at 3-4 agency’s last 2 yrs . He talked about how hard telesales is with 6 different CO’s to learn the underwriting and have to pivot CO’s when denied . He said senior life takes “ everyone “ . So no matter what it gets issued . But he failed to say a ton will be gi. He also mentioned the beauty of the legacy ( this is the koolaide the sl agents drink to sell products 40% higher than the avg co) .

What caught my attention was “ I only have to teach 1 company to all my agents . They write 0-85 and every single policy will be issued “ . We’ve been looking at Sl in the wrong light . How many agents you ever heard “ I’m going to sl because they got great products and I can sell more “ ? None zero . Everyone that goes there is being sold the mlm business model of building a business with simplicity of easy application and all get issued and only mastering 1 company . They don’t give a dam wether the client is paying 50% more than company A. There selling the concept of building a business to override 100’s. The motivation from day 1 is to either build a downline then or one day .
Boy, oh boy, oh boy! I hope he recruits hundreds of agents and places a LOT of inventory.
Just think of thousands of new cases of people with freshly purchased life insurance policies at the worst premiums you can find anywhere! It makes your mouth water just thinking about it!

Boy, oh boy, oh boy! I hope he recruits hundreds of agents and places a LOT of inventory.
Just think of thousands of new cases of people with freshly purchased life insurance policies at the worst premiums you can find anywhere! It makes your mouth water just thinking about it!

The business owner doesn’t care . As long as he’s got 100’s of sheep he makes millions a yr . The products inferior and the sheep get clipped . . The stuff they lose no skin off him.Same with LH . Also with the call in tv leads that’s a portion of the pop that will never fill a card out . It’s a business plan . Easy product , tv leads and a lot of koolaide make the top of the hierarchy a lot of money

I almost went to Senior Life. Their “zero roll up debt” was one thing I never heard before and is a good concept. But yeah you’re exactly right.

The business owner doesn’t care . As long as he’s got 100’s of sheep he makes millions a yr . The products inferior and the sheep get clipped . . The stuff they lose no skin off him.Same with LH . Also with the call in tv leads that’s a portion of the pop that will never fill a card out . It’s a business plan . Easy product , tv leads and a lot of koolaide make the top of the hierarchy a lot of money

There's some truth to that - A 10% override on $10 million of one company is the same money as a 10% override of an aggregate $10 million between several.

The belief you must have to play the one-carrier strategy is that the issues that potentially affect you as an agent - chargebacks and lower conversion - somehow won't affect you.

Perhaps with enough layers of downlines to absorb chargebacks one can mitigate the risk of an enormous roll-up. Otherwise, the issues inherent as a one-product agent are equally inherent in a one-product agency.

There's some truth to that - A 10% override on $10 million of one company is the same money as a 10% override of an aggregate $10 million between several.

The belief you must have to play the one-carrier strategy is that the issues that potentially affect you as an agent - chargebacks and lower conversion - somehow won't affect you.

Perhaps with enough layers of downlines to absorb chargebacks one can mitigate the risk of an enormous roll-up. Otherwise, the issues inherent as a one-product agent are equally inherent in a one-product agency.

Correct but with the 1000’s of sheep many know no better . 90% of agents are like that .As long as they believe they sell the best product they can’t be told different . The belief is SL’s legacy justifies selling a higher priced product.Layers under you are important to mitigate charge back risk . Just like the nmo who takes 5% on $100 million of premium with 10 plus layers under him .The thesis behind a one product company is ease to learn and get agents started . Perfect example . My friend recruits mostly for medicare . Fmo needs life business . Offered him 142% contract with Aflac . He offered several Nasb agents that sell medicare with him 130% contracts. They make 90% with nasb and recruit .They had no interest . Same with LH agents . Even though many know of much higher contracts they refuse to leave.Many agents would fail unless they have that tight comradery.

They're checking the boxes. TV lead, check. Simple product, check. As long as the agent has at-least the 100% FYC, a good work ethic, a little bit of talent, and a few thousand dollars for their business, success is definitely within reach. A manager with a process/system to recruit agents is definitely a business owner!

For the agent, lower commission rates are offset by higher premiums. ;) As for being easily replaced, i would like to know just how many SL plans some of the big producers have replaced so far this year. I amy willing to say it is not sll that many. You can't replace what you do not rin into.

For the agent, lower commission rates are offset by higher premiums. ;) As for being easily replaced, i would like to know just how many SL plans some of the big producers have replaced so far this year. I amy willing to say it is not sll that many. You can't replace what you do not rin into.

Spot on. Many people who call tv leads don’t fill cards out. The proof is in how much vol SL does. We all know they got a super high priced product and they wouldn’t be able to replace 95% of stuff out there. Thus the people calling in obviously haven’t filled out dm cards nor many fb leads or they’d have a much lower priced policy already. The tv commercial struck a nerve and they called . Thus many are uneducated to the price of fe and are more susceptible to paying higher premiums for coverage thinking “that price isn’t bad”

Back