Senior citizen beat down

That is absolutely not correct. If the original call was illegal then all the transfers are also illegal. And right before you get transferred they try to do a disclaimer about the DNC list, that is also illegal. You can’t cold call people on the DNC List and then have them opt out of the DNC list during the call.
I can’t believe you posted that LostDollar. I know you’re not an agent but you usually show good common sense about general knowledge.

But what you’re not saying is the recording only starts after the transfer from the foreign telemarketer. So the transfered call is answered “ Senior benefits can I help you “ . So it appears to be an inbound call . Matter of fact since all these crazy rules came in affect the last 2 yrs call center vol is up 3-5 fold I bet . Weekly I get 5 clients telling me there going insane with all the calls . It’s like Chinese water torture . Eventually low income people will answer and be flipped at some pt over the yrs .

But what you’re not saying is the recording only starts after the transfer from the foreign telemarketer. So the transfered call is answered “ Senior benefits can I help you “ . So it appears to be an inbound call . Matter of fact since all these crazy rules came in affect the last 2 yrs call center vol is up 3-5 fold I bet . Weekly I get 5 clients telling me there going insane with all the calls . It’s like Chinese water torture . Eventually low income people will answer and be flipped at some pt over the yrs .
It’s obviously working out for the companies or they stop it.

That is absolutely not correct. If the original call was illegal then all the transfers are also illegal. And right before you get transferred they try to do a disclaimer about the DNC list, that is also illegal. You can’t cold call people on the DNC List and then have them opt out of the DNC list during the call.
I can’t believe you posted that LostDollar. I know you’re not an agent but you usually show good common sense about general knowledge.
Hey! Thanks for the comment.

I apologize if my comments were incorrect. That is the only way I have been able to make sense of relating those calls to legal rules.

My landline phone has been on the DNC list for years. I don't remember about a DNC disclaimer with those calls, but there very well could have been some. My memory gets very foggy about those things soon after the call ends.

Here's my chain of logic behind the comment I made.

From posts I read here, I know, or believe I know, that it is illegal for someone to call an American person to sell them a Medicare Advantage plan. However, it seems to be OK for an agent to accept an inbound call and discuss Medicare Advantage plans.

I believe I know that it is illegal for someone to call a phone number on the DNC list to do marketing. There seem to be some exceptions for Charitable Solicitations or Political Calls.

So I engage in the time honored tradition of attempting to "find out who or what is to blame" for the problem.

(There was an interesting post on the forum sometime back from a telemarketer in the Asian subcontinent looking for some US telemarketing help.)

So, Step one, I'm on the DNC list but I get a call from Gerhardt Schmidtlap at an American phone number. When I answer, I get a voice that sounds like they are a resident of the Asian subcontinent letting me know that I might be able to qualify for new, updated Medicare plans in my area that have exciting new coverage like dental benefits and food cards. Am I interested to hear more?

(Why did I get this call? Apparently overseas callers can spoof US phone numbers and ignore the DNC list with impunity.)

So, I am now drooling and my teeth hurt like h$$l. With my tongue hanging out, I say yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me more! The caller then asks, "You do have Medicare Part A and Part B, right?"

I say, yeah, now get to the good stuff! The caller says great, you qualify, I will transfer you to a senior supervisor.

(For the "Senior Supervisor" I am now a "legal" "inbound" call. (Again the only way I can see to rationalize the situation.).)

The "Senior Supervisor" comes on the line. "Let me just verify, you do have Medicare Part A and Part B?
Me, Are you the senior supervisor?
Him (or Her), Yes, do you have Medicare Part A and Part B?
Me, Yes.
Him (or Her) Thank you. God bless you. and then goes on to other questions.
(God bless you seems to be a very important part of these scripts.)

Around there is where I usually make a comment to the effect "This is an illegal Medicare Advantage sales call which I do not appreciate receiving" and hang up, so I don't know what further questions might be asked.

Right or wrong, I don't know. That is just my effort to construct a chain of logic that might make an "illegal" action "legal". No way was I trying to step on your toes.

It’s obviously working out for the companies or they stop it.
Correct but when the $250 an app override and up to $200 an app marketing money possibly disappears starting Oct 1st we’ll see .I highly doubt this business model will be profitable with horrid persistency.

T
Correct but when the $250 an app override and up to $200 an app marketing money possibly disappears starting Oct 1st we’ll see .I highly doubt this business model will be profitable with horrid persistency.
That could mean all of those telemarketing calls dry up and then people start answering their phones again?

T

That could mean all of those telemarketing calls dry up and then people start answering their phones again?

We can only hope . 90% of mapd sales $306 as renewals . With $250 overide gone , $75 health assessment gone, $200 or so max marketing gone . That’s up to $525 an app gone . It will cost them $200 an app marketing . That leaves $100 an app profit left . Most agents n call centers get $75 an app and salary . That means they’ll lose money . I see no way they can make it . But we’ll see what final ruling is .Im willing to do away with my big marketing money if it cripples the call centers . But honestly few new agents will be able to survive in Medicare only paying all there own marketing . They still can sell as add on to other things like fe

I seem to be having more luck giving quotes over the phone. But no sales.

So, tell us more about this "luck."

You have to get it in your head that your job is to make sales presentations. You are not a life insurance quote app.

Then, you have to have an actual FE sales presentation that takes you naturally to the close.

But nothing will help you if you don't get in front of people and present. And quoting rates is not a presentation.

T

Yes. It's going to dry up for legitimate telemarketing calls. Being TCPA compliant used to mean you scrub for DNC, and also scrub for cell numbers if you're going to autodial without consent. Now many states have broadened it to where you can't autodial ANY number without express consent. Or leave voicemail drops. Or pre-recorded or artificial voice. You need that express consent by way of a disclaimer that they opt in to when they fill out a form. Telemarketing is now officially dead, unless you still got a baby bell copper landline, with the dial tone and a Western Electric touch tone phone. Then you can manually dial your way down a prospecting list (scrubbed for DNC) to your heart's content, compliantly. Your cellphone technically meets the definition of an auto-dialer, because it stores the number you punch in, then dials it. So that's a no go. TCPA compliant leads need that documented consent, if you don't want to manually dial like it's the 80's again and leave live voicemails all day.

Yes. It's going to dry up for legitimate telemarketing calls. Being TCPA compliant used to mean you scrub for DNC, and also scrub for cell numbers if you're going to autodial without consent. Now many states have broadened it to where you can't autodial ANY number without express consent. Or leave voicemail drops. Or pre-recorded or artificial voice. You need that express consent by way of a disclaimer that they opt in to when they fill out a form. Telemarketing is now officially dead, unless you still got a baby bell copper landline, with the dial tone and a Western Electric touch tone phone. Then you can manually dial your way down a prospecting list (scrubbed for DNC) to your heart's content, compliantly. Your cellphone technically meets the definition of an auto-dialer, because it stores the number you punch in, then dials it. So that's a no go. TCPA compliant leads need that documented consent, if you don't want to manually dial like it's the 80's again and leave live voicemails all day.
One key word you said is compliant. My clients are getting 3 -5 times the call center calls of 3 years ago before all these new rules hit . These call centers were never compliant and never will be . Some huge Fmo’s are bragging there busines up 5 fold year over yr ( they mostly do telesales ). How could that be with the 48 hr scope ? You know 5 times as many people not calling them . All these tcpa and Medicare rules are a joke . Maybe cms cutting overrides will put a huge dent in call centers . What’s happened the last 5 yrs is the obscene overrides in Medicare has caused massive greed. Greed to hire millions of overseas telemarketers to call people night and day .90% of my clients on do not call list yet they get more calls than ever . Only way to curtail this is make it non lucrative by cutting overrides and marketing money

Back