Norvax vs Quotit

Mark...when will the product be ready for our review...and possible purchase?

Thanks.

Spellcheck was used in this post.
Chumps,
Sorry for delay, I haven't been on forum a little while (I must correct that).
To answer your question,
The product is ready for purchase anytime. However we are just now going live to a wider market- we were operating a lengthy beta within specific parameters for a time. One major release available NOW, and one smaller release (affecting only certain kinds of users) 3/1. For details, please call. Price break and grandfathered for at least a year for going live in Jan and Feb.
There is more than one "national" quote engine now ... and we thank you for your interest and attention.
- Mark
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Considering all carriers must approve the language and quoting information - this could be a while. It is also my understanding some quoting companies have exclusive arrangements with various carriers?

An IT company to setup advanced quoting, carrier logos, carrier plan information - this could take some time. You can not do this bootleg in your garage and you need a large staff (agent support, updating rates).

I am all about competition - I am just a little apprehensive at this point.
TXINSURANCE, (may I call you Tex?)
I understand the apprehension. Our software is not new however. Agents using our software have quoted and issued over 100M in major medical sales through our software, and over 50k policies.
As Insurint, we have approvals with every carrier we quote, and as you will soon see, are very active in our partnerships with our participating carriers. An ex-insurance company executive myself, I know the importance of compliance, accuracy, and an active and communicative relationship with our carrier partners.
Regarding exclusives, that is not true. There are no carriers that have turned us down. Nobody.
Regarding staff, we have far more than I have seen and heard about in similar efforts. In our original business model, we have identified what I believe to be a higher ratio of customer service reps to customers than anyone in the business, and we are committed to maintaining that. When you call us, we will answer the phone. If we don't, we will call you back same day in most cases.
If you hit me on this forum however... It might be a few days (sorry again about that)...

Last edited:
Mark - will this be primarily for healthcare quotes or will it also have LTC and other insurance?
Freddie, hi,
Thank you for your question. To respond,
We quote ind/fam major med, short term med, life, dental/vision, critical illness, and limited benefit.
We have four new major product lines being developed and launching in 2009. Please contact me personally for further information.
Thank you for your interest.
Joe, the quote engine is operational. Has been for 2 yrs or so.

They are getting ready to roll out version 1.78943652 or perhaps it is 2.0103045726. I can't recall which.

The engine is for health insurance. Can't recall if they will eventually have life and other lines or not.

The engine is slick. Has more bells & whistles than what I need or want. Still sitting on the fence.

Thanks Somarco,
it's actually 2.0000001 right now. :) One inaccuracy, we DO in fact already have Life quoting, have had it for some time (since version 1.1415926 (our "pi" version).
- Mark
I'm waiting until February when it will be a fully operational death star (or something like that).

Rick

Death Star? We are actually the rebel alliance, more aligned with the light side of the force.
Powerful, we are. Ready, we are. A lower price, you will have, if sign up in January or February you do.

Last edited:
Isn't Insurint owned by Health Benefits Direct? Or something like that.
To answer your question,
Insurint is an independent corporate entity. Insurint was originally built for a call center, Health Benefits Direct. That call center continues to exist today as a sister corporate entity. Both corporations, and a third company named Atiam, which focuses on backoffice automation for carriers, are held by HBDT, the parent corporation. The HBD call center is now simply a customer of Insurint, as are many other agents of all sizes.
Insurint is purely a technology company. Insurint does not sell insurance, nor does Insurint operate a general agency that collects overrides. Customers of insurint are simply users of a common, yet personalized and customized, software environment.

Mark, I'm not callin' BS on you (yet) but all of the publicly available information suggests the Insurint is a wholly owned subsidiary of Health Benefits Direct. To characterize it as a "separate corporate entity" is misleading - at best.
Not trying to mislead, M&M. :) Just trying to prevent a misleading statement.
HBDT is the corporate entity that owns the call center (HBD), Atiam, and Insurint.
Is Insurint owned by "Health Benefits Direct"? Yes, to the extent that HBDT stands for Health Benefits Direct II, the corporate holding entity. NO, if you are saying Insurint is owned by the call center with the name Health Benefits Direct.
It's an important distinction. The call center does not own nor does it manage, plan or control operation of Insurint. It has the same influence as any of Insurint's customers.
Simply saying "Health Benefits Direct owns Insurint" gives an erroneous impression that the call center owns Insurint, since Health Benefits Direct is known primarily as a call center. It is that impression I was seeking to correct.
Sorry for confusion and thank you for helping me to clarify.

Last edited:
Michael,

Can you turn off the "show only plans with maternity" option from the front end quotes or is this still HARD coded? In other words when any female under 40 clicks the radio button it shows NO plans , since maternity outside of California is very difficult on the individual market.

Has this ever been addressed?

Joe,

My apologies for the late reply. It appears that I did not properly subscribe to this thread.

We have added an alternative information entry page that leaves the "show only plans with maternity" option off. We also have the ability to create (or you may) a custom information entry form on your website which will simply ask for the fields that you dictate. Please email me if you would like an example of this.

Michael
866 478 6848 ext. 5056
[email protected]

Has anyone ever tried to get out of Norvax's 12 month contract? I have 5 companies that I represent in 2 states but only one is competitive. Because of this I have been emailing applications from their website which is free and would like to drop Norvax until it makes sense to actually have it. Any ideas?

For those of you in MO, KS and IL, and soon to be OH, TX, FL, WI, and IN there is another option. If you want to keep more of the commission that you earn, as opposed to giving it to companies that quote the coverage, check out CommissionBuilder.com. We don't do drip marketing, but we also don't press your shirts. Do you need somebody to sell for you, or is that your job? ;)

Just checking.

You can reach me direct at 913-220-2628. Plase call if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mitch

Back