Offer Plan G and Plan F - Keep It Simple!

It would be at least remotely possible to get into thousands though on the copay-coinsurance part.

Thousands? Sorry, but I doubt that's ever happened and would challenge anyone who said it has. Ever compare the premium difference between Plans D and G or between C and F, where the ONLY difference is the excess charge? You'll find the premium difference mostly in the $5-10 per month range. A carrier exposed to thousands in additional risk would never charge so little for that additional financial exposure. Per one carrier, the average excess charge is $8.

I rarely sell N, but that's because my clients prefer the extra few dollars in premium for Plan G to have a clearly set out-of-pocket, meaning no unknown number of copays (which aren't really copays, but the 20% coinsurance not to exceed $20), and no unknown possibility of excess charges. But if they do want to consider N, I do reassure them that they will likely never see an excess charge, and if they do it will likely be small. Financial ruin? No way.

He was just being facetious.:laugh:

I've seen companies price their Plan C higher than Their Plan F.

Red above - the Med Sup would pay this on a F, G or N - correct? There is no Part B Excess here - correct?
No excess charge here. F and G would pay. N would not cover the $20 if the charge was coded as an office visit or ER visit as it falls within the amount excluded for these services.

Green above - the Med Sup pays the 20% or $19 and the 15% or $14.25 is the Part B Excess that Plan N doesn't pay and would be patient's responsibility?
Plan N would also not pay the $19 if the charge was an office visit or ER visit. Otherwise, you are correct.

Ever compare the premium difference between Plans D and G or between C and F, where the ONLY difference is the excess charge? You'll find the premium difference mostly in the $5-10 per month range.

So, Plans D and C. Does anyone still sell (or buy) them? Or-- for the premium levels to be "similar", are they "older popular plans" which just still have a lot of members?

----------

So reading in another thread I found one answer:

C used to be a popular plan but the Ins Co's wanted to promote F so they started giving higher commissions for F.

So, Plans D and C. Does anyone still sell (or buy) them? Or-- for the premium levels to be "similar", are they "older popular plans" which just still have a lot of members?

----------

So reading in another thread I found one answer:

C used to be a popular plan but the Ins Co's wanted to promote F so they started giving higher commissions for F.

how long have you sold medsupp?

He hasn't Vic. LD's a consumer who's just started studying for his license.

Thought it was weird statement about higher commission to push F over C, being the reason agents don't sell C

Little over thinking, Maybe, its time to get lic and some real world experience.

Thought it was weird statement about higher commission to push F over C, being the reason agents don't sell C

Little over thinking, Maybe, its time to get lic and some real world experience.

I've been pushing him to get a license and give it a go for weeks. He's just started studying for the test. He does analyze a lot, but he just likes to understand how things work. I think he'll make a good agent.

How would you consider the statement if Todd King had made it?

I've been pushing him to get a license and give it a go for weeks. He's just started studying for the test. He does analyze a lot, but he just likes to understand how things work. I think he'll make a good agent.

It's going to take him 3 hours per sit just to explain the benefits to the client and in his own mind . . . I think he is an undercover brother for the NAIC . . .

Back