Offer Plan G and Plan F - Keep It Simple!

C and / or N seem to not only confuse the client,

Don't think I have any "C" clients but do have several N clients. None of them are confused.

It seems that N is more confusing to agents than Medicare beneficiaries. I bring up N with almost everyone I talk to. Most pick G, but not because they are confused. They pick G because they think it is a better choice for them.

Who am I to argue?

Don't think I have any "C" clients but do have several N clients. None of them are confused.

It seems that N is more confusing to agents than Medicare beneficiaries. I bring up N with almost everyone I talk to. Most pick G, but not because they are confused. They pick G because they think it is a better choice for them.

Who am I to argue?

Bob - I hear ya. Just seems having to educate the client on co-pays and part b excess would be more confusing to them than F & G . . .

I'm going to show F & G as the "go to plan" and briefly explain N - but in a way to upsell to F hopefully . . . F is the best in my opinion for those that qualify for it . . .

My job is not to qualify anyone (with exception of underwriting).

I explain.

They choose.

Can't get more simple than that.

Other than medical underwriting, they "qualify" themselves. They pick the plan that suits their needs and budget.

My job is to take the app.

Taking a few moments from digging holes, and pursuing education on C and D,
I saw another thread around a year old that, when considered in its entirety, suggests that an agent who is considering the best interests of his/her client, should give any client currently holding a plan C or F an opportunity to switch to plan D, G or N if they are currently healthy enough to switch.

The arguments are similar to discussion in the thread regarding the old J plans and helping clients to switch out of them if they can. In fact a comparison to the situation with plan J was made in one of the posts in that thread.

Plan D sundowned 5 (?) years ago. It was replaced by N. (Which makes zero sense, because you don't have copays on D) At the time, it was the only one that had home health, which is now covered by all of them. However, it doesn't cover excess charges. Yes, if my 1 client was able to move, I would move him, but we have been dealing with cancer for 9 years. He's not moving anytime soon.

Yes, I think if they are on D or J they should move, but I also think that on F. And every single one of my F clients know that I think they should move to G and why. Some (most?) of them have refused and that's fine, too. I've given them the information. If the rates skyrocket in 2022+ (I think it will take a few years), that's not MY problem. I gave them the information. They made the choice.

It [Plan D ] was replaced by N. (Which makes zero sense, because you don't have copays on D)

Since, if I am thinking correctly, this doesn't affect Medicare, but transfers cost dollars from Ins Co's to Medicare patients; insurance lobbying of legislators perhaps?

----------

Actually a few companies like New Era and Aetna have recently started promoting Plan D.

The following comment is another one that can/will generate an "overthinking advisory", but I begin to get the sense from other threads that plans D, N and K are ones that have the greatest chance of surviving further political turmoil in the Medicare Supplement arena. There are at least some that would suggest G still has some level of greyness in regard to its future.

Since, if I am thinking correctly, this doesn't affect Medicare, but transfers cost dollars from Ins Co's to Medicare patients; insurance lobbying of legislators perhaps?

----------

The following comment is another one that can/will generate an "overthinking advisory", but I begin to get the sense from other threads that plans D, N and K are ones that have the greatest chance of surviving further political turmoil in the Medicare Supplement arena. There are at least some that would suggest G still has some level of greyness in regard to its future.

LostDollar, you seem sincerely interested in learning about this subject but, since you are not an agent, you are starting out at a knowledge level far below most of us who have been in the industry for a long time and it's pretty clear to me that deficit hampers your ability to really understand this business.

I'm not criticizing you, just pointing out facts-licensed agents not only go through the licensing exam but also hundreds of hours of training for different certifications, much of it on an annual basis-add to that thousands of hours spent handling client issues and almost every situation that can occur and we just have a much clearer perspective than you on all of this. You keep trying to draw conclusions based on your limited knowledge base and it just doesn't work, at least for me.

Back