Power Dialer

The website says it has the ability to scrub against the DNC list - for real?> What did they tell you?

I got it yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. I really like it so far. I import my list from Reference USA, then put it on the active call list. I put down the number of names I want to call for the day and then go through the list until I'm done. To call 90 people, it usually takes me about 3 hours if I'm moving. Today, it took two hours. I kept the conversations the same, the only thing different was no paper list in front of me or manual dialing. I click a button to record the result of the call: Not interested, not available, voicemail, fax #, busy, disconnected, ect and / or add notes if desired and then click next and it's already dialing. An extra hour in my day is worth $300 for the mechanism, I'll let you know if anything changes.

I just looked at the website. That does look well worth $300. Pretty cool!

As far as the DNC list, I don't need this feature, I only call businesses. It does offer the option to upload your own DNC list and scrub it against the names in the database, but I haven't used the feature and I don't know how it works.

I just timed it with a stop watch. It took me a total of 3.9 seconds to dial a number. I am well practiced from doing my own telemarketing.

How long does it take your auto dialer to dial a number?

If it is a really fast one it might save .5 of a second. Will that really enable an agent to substantially increase the number of calls made per hour? Does that justify a cost of $300? Why not invest that $300 in something that will allow you to really work more efficiently?

Just asking because I'm curious, however, I understand the concept of loving to have "toys" to play with. I can't think of a better reason to buy something than because I don't have one. :D

I just timed it with a stop watch. It took me a total of 3.9 seconds to dial a number. I am well practiced from doing my own telemarketing.

If it is a really fast one it might save .5 of a second. Will that really enable an agent to substantially increase the number of calls made per hour? Does that justify a cost of $300? Why not invest that $300 in something that will allow you to really work more efficiently?

Just asking because I'm curious, however, I understand the concept of loving to have "toys" to play with. I can't think of a better reason to buy something than because I don't have one. :D

Not bad for a rotary phone Frank.

The difference with old and new school is with new you dial manually no more. It basicallly takes the pain away for those who hate to dial manually. IMHO it's a good system.

The difference with old and new school is with new you dial manually no more. It basicallly takes the pain away for those who hate to dial manually. IMHO it's a good system.

Wow! There must be a lot more pain involved in punching buttons that I realize. I don't disagree that it is more convenient and probably a geat system, I just question those who claim it is faster and that they can make substantially more calls. Personally, I don't see that happening. I feel it is more of a convenience than a real time saver. I spend money on things I really "don't need" and come up with all sorts of reasons why I "have to have it". When I do, Jacqueline just looks at me and shakes her head. :D

There is nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time with things I want to buy. As I said before, there is no better reason for me to buy something than because I don't currently have one. I just bought a John Deer garden tractor because I thought it was cool. It has four wheel steering. I already have one that is less than a year old I bought from Sears.

I have tons of "new school" toys, I guess that just isn't one high on my priority list. Anything that makes an agent feel warm and fuzzy when having to telemarket, and they have the extra money to spend, is probably worth it.

And yes, I do sell insurance the "old school" way and I am very successful doing it that way. When I find something that works better I will make the change.

Back