Prospect Zone

If not for them they're would likely be no Quote It.

I believe Quotit has been around longer, so it is really the other way around.

Norvax works with 61 carriers . . . Quotit with 120.

Didn't Al warn you about using colored fonts?

I will admit that the interview they did with me generated an overwhelming response and a nice amount of revenue for me, so for that, yeah I might be loyal to Norvax. That's still Integrity right?

It's numbers.

If you don't like the leads after you try them out, don't buy them but let people decide for themselves.

If any one person has success with PZ leads, then possibly you can.
If any one person has success with Insure me, then possibly you can.

Great logic -- IF you sell leads for a living. The great fallacy is: the lead company makes money, at the agent's expense!

OK, lemme see if I've got this straight...If you got a bad vibe about leads..from folks that have been doing it for a long time...you should still try it?

Who benefits from that? The lead company, of course.

It's a numbers game?

Another fallacy perpetrated by the folks that sell sh*tty leads.

C'mon, save your integrity. Get real.

the lead company makes money, at the agent's expense!

Like the old saw about the harbor full of yachts owned by stockbrokers.

Where are the client's yachts?

Lead companies make money regardless of whether the agent does or not. There are an almost endless supply of agents, and, if you play your cards right, an almost endless supply of leads. Not necessarily quality leads, but leads none the less.

I have been working internet leads for a while and believe I can tell the difference in a quality lead and one that is just a name. A lot of it has to do with the return/credit policy and my ability to actually contact the lead.

I am lucky if I can actually speak to 30% or so of the leads. More often than not it is 20% and sometimes less.

That means out of 100 leads I might get to talk to 20 - 30. Some of those have health issues that were not disclosed on the form. Others have already bought (or at least that is their story).

So throw out half of those as non-qualified.

That leaves 5 - 15 REAL prospects.

The odds are stacked against you unless you have a solid lead source and are very good at what you do.

Frankly, the agents who claim to be closing 80% or more of their leads (at least the ones they talk to) must be smoking crack.

Like the old saw about the harbor full of yachts owned by stockbrokers.

Where are the client's yachts?

Lead companies make money regardless of whether the agent does or not. There are an almost endless supply of agents, and, if you play your cards right, an almost endless supply of leads. Not necessarily quality leads, but leads none the less.

I have been working internet leads for a while and believe I can tell the difference in a quality lead and one that is just a name. A lot of it has to do with the return/credit policy and my ability to actually contact the lead.

I am lucky if I can actually speak to 30% or so of the leads. More often than not it is 20% and sometimes less.

That means out of 100 leads I might get to talk to 20 - 30. Some of those have health issues that were not disclosed on the form. Others have already bought (or at least that is their story).

So throw out half of those as non-qualified.

That leaves 5 - 15 REAL prospects.

The odds are stacked against you unless you have a solid lead source and are very good at what you do.

Frankly, the agents who claim to be closing 80% or more of their leads (at least the ones they talk to) must be smoking crack.

Have things changed? I thought you could return leads for certain conditions?

Great logic -- IF you sell leads for a living. The great fallacy is: the lead company makes money, at the agent's expense!

OK, lemme see if I've got this straight...If you got a bad vibe about leads..from folks that have been doing it for a long time...you should still try it?

Who benefits from that? The lead company, of course.

It's a numbers game?

Another fallacy perpetrated by the folks that sell sh*tty leads.

C'mon, save your integrity. Get real.

Okay, so for arguments sake, if the PZ leads suck and lead sales are a large part of their business, how do they stay in the lead biz? Wouldn't everyone just stop buying them?

And FYI, I haven't bought or used leads in a while, so I'm a bit out of the loop and may have to rely on your experience here. Just trying to be objective and like many said on here, you can't believe everything you read.

Also, are you talking about shared only? Has anyone tried the exclusives? Live calls?

I tried PZ exclusives which is what I'm mainly going on.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

I just thought of a good question:

Over what time period and how many leads make a good test for quality?

Time period is not necessarily important. 50 leads will give you a good idea.

And as I and others have mentioned, success rates change with lead companies. The going is good for a while...and then they play games with you. Six months later, they're good again.

PZ? They always seem to be bad. A LARGE percentage of the leads I purchased with them (and these were SELECT leads) were some of the poorest and least educated people I ever talked to.

A good starting point with lead companies...No EHealth and no affiliates, especially if you are green in this business.

As far as the e-health goes, I would be very curious, and I doubt any lead company would do this, but what if a lead company sold you 100 leads that were shown the ehealth link and 100 that weren't. My questions:

1. Do you think there would be a noticeable difference in your closing %.

2. Do you think that the lead having the ehealth info hurts you more often than it helps you? I can honestly see this both ways. For example, you don't like that they quote the preferred price. However, I am sure you use that quote as evidence of why they really need to work with a trusted local broker, and not some faceless website. After all, they are buying protection from their family etc..., not just a book or something. Maybe this actually helps you?

3. Those who fill out lead forms are really usually expecting to actually see quotes. When they are able to, is it possible that they are less upset at having agents call them than they would be if they did not get to see quotes online and felt like it was more of a bait and switch?

4. Of course, I would be very curious to know the conversion #% of the lead companies that do have an ehealth link.

In my opinion, up by as much as 100%. Not closing, but people that will answer the telephone. Which I guess would put my closing up by the same amount.
Currently I will not use any companies that have the E-Health Link.

Way up for contact and closing without the Ehealth redirect without a doubt. I personally do not use any lead services that redirect.

In the past my association has recommended some lead companies that redirect and overwhelmingly people simply do not answer the phone.

Now we only push exclusive leads. The only shared source we push due to high satisfaction (that I personally use) is Joe's Leads4Agents since he doens't shill out to Ehealth or call centers.

Back