Ringcentral Improvement

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
I have been a loyal Ringcentral user for some time. I have always loved the ability to record a call when I answer with the softphone. Now they have improved this feature. By dialing *9 during a call it will begin recording and this is true even with a call transfered to another number like your cell phone...

So just to clarify if a customer calls your ringcentral number and it forwards to your cell phone and during the call you wish to begin recording you dial *9 and there is an annoucement that the call is being recorded and if you wish not to be recorded to disconnect once you have recorded the portion of the call you desire you press *9 again and an annoucement is made saying this call was recorded.

Just though some people would like knowing about this feature like I was.

Thank you for that.

Does the other party hear that, or just you?

So, I hit *9 to start recording the conversation, and *9 to stop the recording.

Neat.

Is that for incoming and outgoing calls?

Thank you for that.

Does the other party hear that, or just you?

So, I hit *9 to start recording the conversation, and *9 to stop the recording.

Neat.

Is that for incoming and outgoing calls?

Yes the other party does hear that which is good because it covers you in regards to state laws. Would it work for both incoming and outgoing would depend...If I place a call from my cell phone that call is not placed through Ring Centrals program so it would not work...But I know they have an app for the Iphone (Which I don't have) you might want to ask if it would work there.

To find the recordings you log onto the Ring Central Website and select messages from the top of the screen and then on the left hand side you will see recordings select that and they are listed there by the phone number that called and the part about the call being recorded is included in the recording..

I love this feature...Normally when I do an exchange for a client I write up what we discussed and have the client sign it but if we are not meeting in person and I did not place the call say if the client wants to move money (yes I know since I use direct accounts they can do it themselves) I can record the portion of the conversation then download the recording and put it in the client file I keep on my hard drive.

I now record 100% of my conversations with clients using the Ring Central soft phone. Priceless service.

I don't go as far as you on this, but I wholeheartedly agree with this part of the service and now that you can record even when you answer away from the softphone is awesome.

The iPhone app does allow recording. Actually, has little to do with the app other than it makes it convenient to call via your ringcentral number. With a regular cell phone (or any phone) if you call your ringcentral number, then dial out to the number you are calling, you can then press *9 and record the call.

Yes, it works both inbound and outbound with any phone if the call is placed via ringcentral.

Dan

Latest posts

Back