How Reliable is RingCentral's Call Quality ???

You might want to Google that... Only a few states require notification or the beeps. Most you can record as long as ONE party is aware of the recording and is part of the conversation.

The only way to record is to press *9 to start / stop, in addition the recordings are only stored online for a short period of time - I believe 90 days. You will have to manually download and move them to another suitable storage of your own or online storage such as Dropbox.

Shows how often I have needed to use the feature....When I have used it I do download the recording locally.

i havent had much issues with vocalocity pretty good quality like said before its all about the connection...i use a third of the features vocalocity offers...going forward though I will try to squeeze the money's worth. I know that recording with vocalocity is an extra feature that they charge and belive store on their end..if ringcentral recording is free and then you can download that is a win and worth going to ring central for. imo

2wire? do u have DSL?

Yes... and I looked up my gateway on Vocalocity's support site and found that I may have to put it in bridge mode and add a router. I haven't talked with anyone at Voc yet since I just signed up yesterday and haven't opened the account.

How are you set up?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i havent had much issues with vocalocity pretty good quality like said before its all about the connection...i use a third of the features vocalocity offers...going forward though I will try to squeeze the money's worth. I know that recording with vocalocity is an extra feature that they charge and belive store on their end..if ringcentral recording is free and then you can download that is a win and worth going to ring central for. imo

I think that there is a default cloud storage of a couple gigs included in the basic account. I remember seeing it yesterday, but forgot where. If I find it, I will report it.

Last edited:
Yes... and I looked up my gateway on Vocalocity's support site and found that I may have to put it in bridge mode and add a router. I haven't talked with anyone at Voc yet since I just signed up yesterday and haven't opened the account.

How are you set up?

I used to have ATT DSL in Fort Laud, thats how I remember 2wire is the router they used. It might of been the Apt complex set up, but it was always going out.

I now have a house and use Verizion Fios, instead of local cable company Brighthouse, the internet is much more stable and I have more usable bandwidth than Brighthouse was providing.

As for a router, I use the one that Verizion provided that's in a closet , that is wired into the wall, and I have a hardwire jack in my home office, that I plug an ethernet cable from the jack to another router, that plugs wired into my xbox360, 2nd laptop, IP Phone, etc...

BTW, if anyone needs an IP Phone I am selling mine

As promised, here is my update:

On-Demand Call Recording Service:
• Record calls with a simple key stroke: *7 to record, *8 to stop
• No equipment to purchase
• Recordings never expire*
• Add to as many extensions as you choose
• Email, play, or download recordings easily to your computer
PRICING:
$4.99/MONTH/EXTENSION FOR 15 HOURS OF RECORDING TIME

Company Call Recording Service:
PRICING:
$49.99/MONTH FOR 500 HOURS OF RECORDING TIME
· Set recording rules that define when a phone call is recorded. Once this is
set up, your calls are recorded automatically, with no need to push a button.

I used to have ATT DSL in Fort Laud, thats how I remember 2wire is the router they used. It might of been the Apt complex set up, but it was always going out.

I now have a house and use Verizion Fios, instead of local cable company Brighthouse, the internet is much more stable and I have more usable bandwidth than Brighthouse was providing.

As for a router, I use the one that Verizion provided that's in a closet , that is wired into the wall, and I have a hardwire jack in my home office, that I plug an ethernet cable from the jack to another router, that plugs wired into my xbox360, 2nd laptop, IP Phone, etc...

BTW, if anyone needs an IP Phone I am selling mine

Yep I have ATT DSL for my office and its very slow and I have to restart the computer to get it to work again. At home I have Verizon Fios and it works great. Will go with RC next year. They seem to have this virtual office down.
:yes:

I apologize if I did not read the rules of the thread as I simply googled Ring Central Forum to help out current customers as on Wednesday this week they had a hard system down for hours. I was not aware posting as I did was not allowed so I am sorry and that is my fault.

I apologize if your opinion on Vonage isn't favorable, but Vonage Business is completely separate form the residential service and was Formally Vocalocity.

There was no disrespect geared towards this as I was simply putting my information out there for those that may be interested.

I will be sure not to continue to post. I wish you the best and have a wonderful day!

Don't get your feelings hurt. Nobody said anything about not posting. The rules say you have to have so many posts before you can make an offer. In other words, you have to contribute before you can take.

Back