How Reliable is RingCentral's Call Quality ???

OK...Thanks. The PC Based "Call Controller" is what they have been pitching to me. I just wasn't sure I wanted to go from a hard-wired land line to an internet phone that was operating on my laptop - as the main phone line for my business.

Yeah the call controller works fine...The main issue will be and will always be your internet connection.

The feature I love the most is any call going through ring central can be turned into a recorded call at anytime....I got a call from my former boss. He called my ringcentral number and it was forwarded to my cell and she just started in on me about how she was going to get my insurance company appointments cancelled and I just hit *9 and Ringcentral starts beeping the line and saying this call is being recorded if you do not wish to continue hang up or something like that. I've used it before when I sold securities and a client would call me and want to move money from one fund to another fund (I typically would have them sign a statement if met f2f) I would turn on the call record and then store the file in their electronic folder (I scan everything that comes in and put it in thier "Folder" and mp3 recording can be put in there just as easily.

Vocalocity can automatically record calls where ring central you have to press *9 and play a disclaimer.

I think it is because ring central is based in Manila.

Actually, most states in the US require the disclaimer, or at least notification that calls are recorded.

Dan

Vocalocity can automatically record calls where ring central you have to press *9 and play a disclaimer.

I think it is because ring central is based in Manila.

I'm pretty sure I can set RIngcentral up to record all calls but I don't want most of my calls recorded. Also since I've dropped my securities registration I have very little use for this feature as almost everything I do requires a clients signature. I just loved the ability to get something to CYA when I was doing an exchange of mutual funds with client consent but without having met in person and gotten it in writing.

Just curious ring central if it's connected to your computer you can see the call coming and then you can answer or send it to VM. Is that how it works?

I am looking to sign up with them next year!

Actually, most states in the US require the disclaimer, or at least notification that calls are recorded.

You might want to Google that... Only a few states require notification or the beeps. Most you can record as long as ONE party is aware of the recording and is part of the conversation.

I'm pretty sure I can set RIngcentral up to record all calls
The only way to record is to press *9 to start / stop, in addition the recordings are only stored online for a short period of time - I believe 90 days. You will have to manually download and move them to another suitable storage of your own or online storage such as Dropbox.

I had problems with Vocalocity, wouldnt work with my router, I have the highest speed internet pckg avail, they did however offer to send me a compatible router at no charge.

On the flip side, the sales rep never mentioned anything about certain routers not working with their service, and had to flex some muscle to get my money back.

I had problems with Vocalocity, wouldnt work with my router, I have the highest speed internet pckg avail, they did however offer to send me a compatible router at no charge.

On the flip side, the sales rep never mentioned anything about certain routers not working with their service, and had to flex some muscle to get my money back.

NOW you tell me! I just signed up with Vocalocity today... nothing was said about modem/router compatibility issues. I hope it works with my 2WIRE 3800HGV. I bought a Cisco 303G from them for about the same price at NewEgg, and fully configured (she said). Should be here in a few days.

Actually, I had called Aptela... and when the rep emailed me during the course of our conversation, I noticed her sig showed Vocalocity. I asked what was going on and she replied that Vocalocity just acquired Aptela. Aptela had better reviews....

NOW you tell me! I just signed up with Vocalocity today... nothing was said about modem/router compatibility issues. I hope it works with my 2WIRE 3800HGV. I bought a Cisco 303G from them for about the same price at NewEgg, and fully configured (she said). Should be here in a few days.

Actually, I had called Aptela... and when the rep emailed me during the course of our conversation, I noticed her sig showed Vocalocity. I asked what was going on and she replied that Vocalocity just acquired Aptela. Aptela had better reviews....

2wire? do u have DSL?

Back