Senior Life Aged Leads

McDonald

I went against my better judgement and drank the Kool-aide, contracting with Senior Life in order to get a taste of their Leads-The-Way lead system. After purchasing several of their leads and trying to sell their overpriced final expense product, I came to my senses and discontinued trying to sell the product.

My contract has now been termed for non production and I have received the official notification from the home office about returning materials and leads. I was also given notice to not solicit any customer or prospective customer of Senior Life for a period of 2 years or I could be subject to an immediate court injunction.

I still have a few of the leads that I purchased that have not been followed up. Any thoughts on the legalities involved if I sell a policy from another carrier to any of these leads originally obtained from Senior Life?

You should search your contract and see what they say about leads.

Personally, if I paid for the leads, then they are mine to do with what I want.

Most all companies ask you to return the material and exactly 0.00019% of agents do that.

I went against my better judgement and drank the Kool-aide, contracting with Senior Life in order to get a taste of their Leads-The-Way lead system. After purchasing several of their leads and trying to sell their overpriced final expense product, I came to my senses and discontinued trying to sell the product.

My contract has now been termed for non production and I have received the official notification from the home office about returning materials and leads. I was also given notice to not solicit any customer or prospective customer of Senior Life for a period of 2 years or I could be subject to an immediate court injunction.

I still have a few of the leads that I purchased that have not been followed up. Any thoughts on the legalities involved if I sell a policy from another carrier to any of these leads originally obtained from Senior Life?

Will they give you money back on those leads? If so, send them to them and get your money back.

If they will not refund then they are your leads. Use them anyway you want.

There are no refunds for the leads. The agent contract is even more intimidating than the termination letter. Is there any way Senior Life would know if I had indeed sold a policy to one of these leads?

1. Nothing in the contract addresses leads. If it does, copy and paste it here.
2 .If they are that good, I would sell them back for more than what i paid. That's the only way they would get them back from me.
3. Make copies of of your leads.
4. According to Greg, SL is not captive. The only thing you need to return is proprietary material, and who's to say you still have any?
5. That's not even a good bluff, LOL. What SL is asking is ridiculous!. It would cost them more to arbitrate the case than what you spent on leads. Every responder has given it to you straight. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:
You should search your contract and see what they say about leads.

Personally, if I paid for the leads, then they are mine to do with what I want.

Most all companies ask you to return the material and exactly 0.00019% of agents do that.
agree 100%
I left Liberty National YEARS ago.
They asked for but i never sent them anything!

Back