Set appts vs door knocking

Setting appointments is definitely more efficient, no doubt about that.

But if you ask everyone of these top producers if they could door knock if they had to, they could. That should tell you something. Learn both!!

Of course they can and do doorknock. I had to DK a few times this week. As a last resort before throwing those leads away. Last week I was well over goal on Thursday at about noon. I had no more scheduled appointments but I had a half dozen or so leads in the town I was in that didn't have phone numbers or disconnected phone numbers. I went home. No DK'ing in a situation like that.

So,having to? No way. If that was the only way to do this business then I would get out of this business.

It’s harder to say “no” to you at the door. As long as you have something to say, are confident with it you’ll see more people this way. I’m confident anyone who would set with you via phone would let you in at the door and you’ll be on your scheudle not theres.

Thanks for the advice - I just do t want to screw up my leads - they are expensive! I know having a good set appt is more efficient- I'm thinking about finding a good caller to help me out for a while -

That always seems to be a mistake for a new agent to hire an appointment setter.

but I had a half dozen or so leads in the town I was in that didn't have phone numbers or disconnected phone numbers. I went home. No DK'ing in a situation like that.

No or bad phone numbers are ones you HAVE to knock, what are you saying? Also, don’t listen to JD about throwing out leads.

It’s harder to say “no” to you at the door. As long as you have something to say, are confident with it you’ll see more people this way. I’m confident anyone who would set with you via phone would let you in at the door and you’ll be on your scheudle not theres.

Actually you are on their schedule when you DK.

Nor do I believe for one second that it's harder to say no at the door.

Now, maybe one could talk their way in at a fence sitter. And maybe they could use the think about it close once in. But that is not good business when one has to talk them into it.

I only present to interested people. That starts with setting my own appointments. I want the uninterested people weeded out. I don't try to talk my way into a home even when I DK.

And I speak from experience on this. I tried the thing that Matt mentioned earlier several years ago. About DK'ing the ones that wouldn't set an appointment. I heard that advice from another agent. The advice was on the money that wouldn't remember that you called.

But they didn't let me in at the door either. That taught me that I was doing right on the phone and getting rid of the tire kickers.

But I agree with Matt that a new agent should learn that lesson on their own. DK the ones that wouldn't set until you know that you are doing right on the phone.

No or bad phone numbers are ones you HAVE to knock, what are you saying? Also, don’t listen to JD about throwing out leads.

What I'm saying is that yes, those have to be DK'ed. But I'm not DK'ing when I've already got over $7K written that week.

But, don't listen to me. I've only written over $2 mil of FE business in 9 years.

The agents that don't make it in this business are the ones that can't throw away leads. They will work a lead to death and lose 3 or 4 deals that could have gotten while they were hanging on to one hope.

JD would you say you found what works for you or what you do is duplicatable? I can hit my goal in 3ish days, would I teach a NEW agent to only work 3 days HELL no.

Not everyone is 100% interested. Some of my biggest cases had no idea we could help then til we talked. You have 9 years of knowledge this guy hasn’t given 9 presentations.

I know that to be true as well. My concern is that the lead would be destroyed by a "no" on the phone - when it may been a "yes' with a door knock.

Latest posts

Back