So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

I am a new member to this forum, as well as to the insurance industry. Can someone please tell me where anyone (new to the industry or not) will obtain enough names to be able to call 200 to 300 people a day for any length of time? And, how reliable are these lists?

Get a library card and learn how to create your owns lists via InfoUSA.
You can generate your own criteria from a number of choices to target the type of prospect you're seeking.

My company also uses Salesgenie, a paid service but frankly, I don't see much difference between that at InfoUSA.

InfoUSA is great. You can crank out tons of leads doing that, then load them into a dialer like Mojo or Call Fire and sit there for a few hours making 200-300 calls.

To be honest it really depends on how driven you are. You could do 50 calls a week if they were all bought exclusive leads where you got an appointment 1/4 or 1/5 calls.

Depends on what your budget is too. If your new you probably don't have a ton of money to buy expensive leads. So create your own. If you work hard this is a fantastic business, but it is directly related to what your willing to put into it.

Also when paid you should allocate at least 10% to generate leads. I would more say 20%... You'll get back what you put into your business.

Many people don't like to cold call since they either get bored or don't like the rejection. You call 100 numbers with luck 25 people answer, maybe 10 will say sure send me a quote or meet with me.

You hear things like "its not a numbers game" but it really is. I've had days like many here where you can call all day and not get a single appointment set. Then tomorrow you get on the phone and you get 4 appointments in the first hour.

Just remember every time you hear no your closer to a yes.

Also I'd vouch for MedicarePlanSolutions on leads. He does lists pretty cheap.

Thanks for the information. I never thought about infousa or salesgenie. I have to problem cold calling nor would I have a problem cold calling hundreds of names a day for 2 or 3 days and the other 2 or 3 days face to face. Right now I work 12 hour days 5 days a week but am looking to quit and sale insurance. I believe in it, have always believed in it, and like the idea of providing medicare supps as well to help the elderly.

Thanks for the information. I never thought about infousa or salesgenie. I have to problem cold calling nor would I have a problem cold calling hundreds of names a day for 2 or 3 days and the other 2 or 3 days face to face. Right now I work 12 hour days 5 days a week but am looking to quit and sale insurance. I believe in it, have always believed in it, and like the idea of providing medicare supps as well to help the elderly.

That's an awesome attitude man! I'm new myself but also think this is a great industry to get into if done the right way. Just keep reading this forum and contacting memebers that are well respected and happy to help, they will steer you the right way.

Ron, it's "sell insurance" not "sale insurance.";)BTW good luck!

Thanks hunny, As I have told you so many times over the years I keep forgetting the verb form. Oh, I am sorry, you aren't my wife. Ha ha. You sound just like my wife, what are you an English teacher too?? ::twitchy:

Arn is our resident spelling/grammer checker/correcter! LOL

If he didn't do it, more people would interchange words like; sell and sale; then and than; their and there. They would even do things like typing, "alot" for "a lot"!

I'm so glad he is here!

Thanks hunny, As I have told you so many times over the years I keep forgetting the verb form. Oh, I am sorry, you aren't my wife. Ha ha. You sound just like my wife, what are you an English teacher too?? ::twitchy:

I feel you. Mine does not even bring it up anymore. I say "how do you spell XYZ", She just says XYZ. Thankfully, most apps are yes and no.

I think her major was English. Mine was BS. My BS degree trumps her whatever degree.

Last edited:
Back