So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

oh..i was thinking a 'lead' as something more than just a list of names. guess lead sounds better from a marketing perspective.

It's more of the industry term. I agree with you to some degree, but if you visit salesgenie.com or look at a variety if list vendors, you'll see them refer to them as leads. If you visit my site for info about the offer I make it pretty clear what it's is to avoid any confusion.

That all being said "500 leads" does fit in the signature better than "500 targeted phone records to match the demographics of the clients you'd like to reach and that are scrubbed against the DNC list so you can legally call them".

Dear All,

I have a question; This is not spam because I haven't included my contact details. I just want feedback for my idea.

I'm starting an Appointment Setting Company and am considering doing what I like to call Warm Calling: Basically we call your list of 100+ numbers and speak to the lead, give them a brief description of your services and then ask if we can email them and follow up with a call. We/or you can email your marketing material.

At the end of the week we send you a list of Warm Leads for you to follow up.

I was thinking of pricing @ $5-$10 per Warm Lead. You now have numbers that you have permission to call and they have your information so you could open with “did you have a chance to read my email?” and take it from there

Can anyone give me feedback on if you think this makes sense?

Thanks Rob
:twitchy:

Robert, I think that if you can call people, confirm that they are interested in receiving more information, and confirm age, health conditions, ect...that agents would find that information to be valuable.

This to me is the classic work smarter vs. hard harder debate. I appreciate those agents that are wiling to grind out long hours making cold calls. They are certainly willing to put in the work, but as someone else noted it is about results. Unfortunately, cold calling is a highly inefficient means for developing sales.

If you ask the top producers at your firm, carrier or wherever I bet they don't generate their business from cold calling.

I suggest devoting and investing some of those long hours into devloping a better prospecting and marketing system. If you lack capital to invest in ready made leads, then try mailers, guest editorial positions, white papers, networking, networking groups, or anything else that will get you some market place presence. I'd be willing to bet you will generate more sales with whole lot less phone time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear All,

I have a question; This is not spam because I haven't included my contact details. I just want feedback for my idea.

I'm starting an Appointment Setting Company and am considering doing what I like to call Warm Calling: Basically we call your list of 100+ numbers and speak to the lead, give them a brief description of your services and then ask if we can email them and follow up with a call. We/or you can email your marketing material.

At the end of the week we send you a list of Warm Leads for you to follow up.

I was thinking of pricing @ $5-$10 per Warm Lead. You now have numbers that you have permission to call and they have your information so you could open with “did you have a chance to read my email?” and take it from there

Can anyone give me feedback on if you think this makes sense?

Thanks Rob
:twitchy:

I don't love the idea for a few reasons. Typically when i've used appointment setting services, the person doesn't show for the appointment.

Why? Because the appointment setter was strong arming people into taking an appointment for something they really didn't want or need. They got a call out of the blue, the salesperson pressured them and they just said yes to get off the phone.

In this case, if i were to get this list of warm leads that you prospected, i would be afraid that whatever was said to get the lead to say yes wouldn't be compelling enough for that person to take the next step when i follow up.

If the lead was a legitimate prospect, i would rather use that first call to actually close the sale and write some business rather than use the kick the can approach of let me send you some information.

Last edited:
I believe activity breed productivity. When on the phone making calls you should be on the phone (talk Time) 4 hours per day. this can equal 60 to 90 calls. You should have the week of calls prepared prior to beginning the calls. (300 to 450 calls prepared)

Consistent effort will lead to success.
I use and teach the QQT method of Quantity,Quality & Time.
Q=4 hours of phone time Q= speak with 10 people who can say yes T= by the end of the day.

If you spend 3 hours of phone time and speak with 15 people who can say yes, this is not acceptable. If you have 5 hours of phone time and speak with 8 people who can say yes, this is not acceptable. If you have 4.5 hours of talk time and speak with 13 people who can say yes, this is acceptable. Tomorrow you can not make up or achieve less. Stick to a daily then weekly goal.

Analyze or have someone help you analyze, record and document your call data such as;
calls, contacted, left messages,return calls, no answers, wrong numbers, not interested, etc...

The data should uncover great information. Are you leaving good messages, is your data source good, are you reaching enough decision makers, do you need help getting past the gate keepers, do you sound confident, area you using the same presentation or just changing it on each call. When you make a sale what worked.

Too much if any one activity is never good. Work your business and spend time working on your business.

Reach your Potential

OK, I am showing my age here. I thought Data was a sentient stationed on the Enterprise. I could not tell you how many people I spoke to yesterday. I can tell you how much AP I have written this week and how many Green Sheets I have filled out to quote.

>>""I believe activity breed productivity.""

I believe Productivity breeds Activity. I call it Apptivity. May have picked that up here. not sure. Ink on paper.

I believe activity breed productivity. When on the phone making calls you should be on the phone (talk Time) 4 hours per day. this can equal 60 to 90 calls. You should have the week of calls prepared prior to beginning the calls. (300 to 450 calls prepared)

Consistent effort will lead to success.
I use and teach the QQT method of Quantity,Quality & Time.
Q=4 hours of phone time Q= speak with 10 people who can say yes T= by the end of the day.

If you spend 3 hours of phone time and speak with 15 people who can say yes, this is not acceptable. If you have 5 hours of phone time and speak with 8 people who can say yes, this is not acceptable. If you have 4.5 hours of talk time and speak with 13 people who can say yes, this is acceptable. Tomorrow you can not make up or achieve less. Stick to a daily then weekly goal.

Analyze or have someone help you analyze, record and document your call data such as;
calls, contacted, left messages,return calls, no answers, wrong numbers, not interested, etc...

The data should uncover great information. Are you leaving good messages, is your data source good, are you reaching enough decision makers, do you need help getting past the gate keepers, do you sound confident, area you using the same presentation or just changing it on each call. When you make a sale what worked.

Too much if any one activity is never good. Work your business and spend time working on your business.

Reach your Potential

Most top producers are not CURRENTLY using cold calling methods because part of being a top producer is having capital to reinvest in their business in the form of branding, marketing, direct mail, seminars, etc. Therefore they do not need to cold call. But someone that is NOT a top producer (which is a majority of agents) and lacks capital to reinvest (which once again is most agents) then they need to cold call because it is more cost effective ... heck, let's just be blunt. Most agents are broke or chasing their next commission check to pay last month's bills so cold calling had better be at the top of your list of prospecting methods. Later after you have established a cashflow, capital, etc. THEN you can take a look at other moving cold calling down on your list and moving other prospecting techniques higher up the list. Why do you think companies start agents and salesmen out cold calling in any industry? Because it works, gets results and costs the company very little money. All the work is on you and not on your marketing system.

As many as you can. Usually average 100 or so but set a goal and then blow past it. It is also not always quantity but quality of the call. Even though it is a cold call prepare to work and sell.

Latest posts

Back