So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

Let's see. Went out today. Made one call. Set an appointment for Thursday morning. Came home.. So in answer to your question, you should make at least one call. Just in case that is not enough, I might make a phone call to a fellow tonight to try to set an appointment for Friday. :laugh:

Now like most people said here you need to hammer out at least a few hundred calls each day. It's a numbers game so keep calling and don't give up!

cold calling is dead, 1994 was the last good year for cold calling for insurance . what is your upline doing for you?and what they had in mind when they contracted you? look around you dose your up line call ? dose the insurance co call? with the DNC in place the idea of cold calling to a receding number of people is done with. my 2 cent.

cold calling is dead, 1994 was the last good year for cold calling for insurance . what is your upline doing for you?and what they had in mind when they contracted you? look around you dose your up line call ? dose the insurance co call? with the DNC in place the idea of cold calling to a receding number of people is done with. my 2 cent.

I hate to do this, but :laugh:

It might not be as productive or lucrative as it may have been in the past, but it's very much alive and well.

Direct mail has taken a hit.

Internet leads have taken a hit.

Cold calling has taken a hit.

All of them are still viable marketing methods though.

you are right, i have to agree, its true what you are saying, thanks for the input , good job, that cleared this up quick. what wisdom, omg , lol lol just kidding heheheh

Any reason you picked 1994 as the "last good year' for cold-calling?

There are still thousands upon thousands of phone numbers to call even in local communities, even in subsets like T65s.

The issue remains, one should be on the phone as much as possible to fill up the week with appointments.

Lastly, agents should do their own calling. How they expect to get good appointments from someone else doing the calling is beyond belief.

I call T65s, recycle them a few months later for DVH, recycle them again for FE if I have time. I call 55-64s for social security max, recycle for annuity, estate planning, life insurance.

There are too many numbers to call, even with DNC.

+1 on Josh & some of these comments.

IMHO, either the phone is ringing IN or it is dialing Out! Too many agents sit around waiting for the phone to ring or the next Internet Lead to show up in their in-box!

"You've Got Mail!":idea:

I hate to do this, but :laugh:

It might not be as productive or lucrative as it may have been in the past, but it's very much alive and well.

Direct mail has taken a hit.

Internet leads have taken a hit.

Cold calling has taken a hit.

All of them are still viable marketing methods though.

This is the key. Everything works a little bit. It's all about finding out what works for you. I did internet leads pretty consistently for a while there, making all telephone sales. When it seemed that internet leads were dropping in quality, I started trying other things. Now I am just starting to get back into internet leads again and I will probably be trying some aged leads too, just for the "fun" of it. :1tongue:

I love the insurance business, its been good to me for 20 years . I truly owe a dept of gratitude to the gentleman who recruited me . Thank You.
gentlemen...do not stop recruting and maneging and looking for new ways to market and prospect.

Here's my recommendation.

Let's say you say you're going to make 100 dials.

The first 2 calls, you have two twenty-minute conversations.

Fluke, I know, but look at the clock. Only 9 more hours to go to get through those 98 more dials!

Stomach churning yet?

OK so I guess you can figure out that I don't recommend that approach.

Here's what I suggest:

2 hours, twice a day.

Consistently. Every freakin' weekday.

Pick your hours. Between 8AM and Noon, and then between 1:30PM (people straggle in from lunch) and 5PM, for businesses. You should follow your market. If your market is available from 6-8PM, guess where you should be. And where you should NOT be--building lists, playing with your website, anything but calling.

You know where you're going to be for those two 2-hour periods. Whether you feel like it or not.

Oh, maybe you don't want to commit.

Well then I have no hope for you. You either mean it, or you don't.

Anyway, look at it. 2 hours has a beginning, a middle, and an end. An end that is in sight at the beginning. This isn't so bad. After the first couple of dials, the first hour blows by.

Don't concentrate on the number of dials. Concentrate on the consistent filling of your pipeline. You'll be glad you did.

Back