Sorry, but the World is Not coming to an End

Ha, unless I'm having senior moments and am only sounding like I know what I'm talking about. I mean, as a non-professional it's difficult to actually find clear explanations of the details. I've seen the bar charts showing how the share of the players (beneficiary, plan, manufacturer, Medicare) has changed comparing 2023, 2024, and 2025. Like in articles at kffhealthnews. But these come without detailed explanations. I've tried my best to figure out how it works. I'll know the premiums when I get the ANOC (unless someone posts prices here first!), but the whole picture won't be really complete till we see how the formularies and utilization rules change. I'll be on the Plan Finder October 1.

BTW do people find that the analysis they do at q1medicare.com, where they list the number of drugs on each formulary, and how many are in each tier, is correct? Or the number of enrollees in the states and nationwide?
Go onto Medicare.gov first and choose a plan you want to review. Then go onto the companies website and look at the summary of benefits to see how their tiers are structured and how it compares to your drugs. Look at their pharmacies and formularies. Medicare.gov is just a starting point or tool but I personally don’t trust it.

I think in the future we may see less pharmacies participating in Medicare drug plans. For what I’m reading, pharmacies are complaining about losing more money than what they are being reimbursed for on some Medicare drug plans.

Wish you luck… if you feel confident, get your license and I’ll throw some people your way to help. Unfortunately, more and more seniors will be needing to figure this out on their own. The risk outweigh the ibenefit for some brokers. It’s a bigger complaint amongst seniors and explaining it for 55.00 a year and answering question’s throughout the year from the senior makes me shy away. I can’t speak for the rest of the brokers on here. If 1-800 Medicare doesn’t shut down from disputes over labor costs, I’m sending people there to get help.

Yeah... it doesn't seem to work out that way, in my experience.
Caveat, not an agent.

Around 3 years ago, I had an agent at a table in the grocery store (think it was UHC) ask if I wanted help with my drug plan. I told him no. He circled around to asking again, when I told him no again and left the table to do my shopping, he had a funny look on his face. I don't know if he needed the commission, if he thought I couldn't do it myself, or what.

I do know he had absolutely no clue what he was asking for.

Caveat, not an agent.

Around 3 years ago, I had an agent at a table in the grocery store (think it was UHC) ask if I wanted help with my drug plan. I told him no. He circled around to asking again, when I told him no again and left the table to do my shopping, he had a funny look on his face. I don't know if he needed the commission, if he thought I couldn't do it myself, or what.

What do you mean?

Caveat, not an agent.

The guy was just doing his job…

What do you mean?
ask @DS4 and @Yagents what they would think about the problems an agent might experience with having LD for a PDP client.

The first year I was on Medicare, after doing some research, I asked my Medigap broker about selling me the plan I thought was suitable and about running some scenarios for me.

He did not, would not, sell that particular plan and, for my future understanding, we had an "education session" about what his agency would and would not do in regard to PDP evaluations for clients.

ask @DS4 and @Yagents what they would think about the problems an agent might experience with having LD for a PDP client.

The first year I was on Medicare, after doing some research, I asked my Medigap broker about selling me the plan I thought was suitable and about running some scenarios for me.

He did not, would not, sell that particular plan and, for my future understanding, we had an "education session" about what his agency would and would not do in regard to PDP evaluations for clients.
As independent agents, we can choose which carriers we want to represent and have various reasons why we don't want certain carriers in our bag...often from past experience.

I won't offer MOFO, AFLAC, Cigna or Am Am.

Back