Standing Desk

Markthebroker

Guru
5000 Post Club
California
I recently got a standing desk converter since I sit a lot when I work, also to help deal with some leg, and hip and back issues.

I just wanted to start a discussion about what different people do or don't do, opinions, solutions, etc.

I recently got a standing desk converter since I sit a lot when I work, also to help deal with some leg, and hip and back issues.

I just wanted to start a discussion about what different people do or don't do, opinions, solutions, etc.
I remember Alston saying that he balances on a ball while in front of a standing desk. :yes:

I’ve got long-standing back issues, and recent hip and foot problems, too. I can’t stand for a long time, but can’t really sit for a long time, either. So I stand while talking on the phone in my office, and sit for taking an application or doing other paperwork. I don’t have a standing desk, but if I got one I’d get the adjustable kind that allows you to either sit or stand by moving the desktop up and down.

I’m in my car an awful lot, though. I haven’t yet figured out how to stand while driving. Maybe I should buy an old UPS truck!

I use one. Saved my health.

The best kind are the ones that raise and lower easily/effortlessly. That lets you both stand and sit during the day as needed. Those who cant stand for long periods of time can sit as needed and work up to standing for longer periods.

Pacing/walking around your office while on the phone helps a lot too.

Get a padded mat to stand on, they make memory foam kitchen mats that work well. It really helps to stand for longer periods comfortably.

I use one. Saved my health.

The best kind are the ones that raise and lower easily/effortlessly. That lets you both stand and sit during the day as needed. Those who cant stand for long periods of time can sit as needed and work up to standing for longer periods.

Pacing/walking around your office while on the phone helps a lot too.

Get a padded mat to stand on, they make memory foam kitchen mats that work well. It really helps to stand for longer periods comfortably.
Good suggestions!

I spent too much time in retail sales, working my way through college. Can't do the standing thing all day.

I do walk around while talking but sit down to take notes.

Of course if I sit too long that hurts too. I try to take a 5 - 10 minute break every hour and walk around, walk the dog, pour a glass of wine, etc.

gigantic-wine-glass-xl.jpg

Back