Suit Up or Dress Down?

I agree, I like the Mad Men look, also. Off the subject a tad... They may have looked nice, but between the drinking, smoking, womanizing and back-stabbing-no thanks! I also realize they exaggerate for TV!:twitchy:

I agree, I like the Mad Men look, also. Off the subject a tad... They may have looked nice, but between the drinking, smoking, womanizing and back-stabbing-no thanks! I also realize they exaggerate for TV!:twitchy:

Add Disco fever and that sounds like my introduction into Life Insurance back in the 80s at a big Mutual. Man, that was fun.

If anyone is looking for a good suit.... I recommend Men's Suits, Jackets, Shirts, Trousers, and More | Suitsupply Online Store I like the Napoli. I think a good goal for any working man is to get to the point where he can where what he wants. It is a sign of arriving.

I'm buddies with one of their higher ups. Their stores are pretty slick too.

When I first began at Guardian my GA insisted a suit and tie was essential. I still remember my first decent size case. Me in a suit and tie on a 95 degree day. It was a lunch meeting and the client got there early and snagged a table outside. He was in shorts and a tee shirt (and covered in tattoos). AFter that,,the tie came off as soon as I left the office. I felt like I sold more and people liked me better without the tie. Now I focus more on looking clean cut and being approachable. I just try to dress at about the same level as the client. If they are probably wearing a suit, I will too.

Now that I think about it, I did an appointment yesterday in jeans!

I'm buddies with one of their higher ups. Their stores are pretty slick too.

When I first began at Guardian my GA insisted a suit and tie was essential. I still remember my first decent size case. Me in a suit and tie on a 95 degree day. It was a lunch meeting and the client got there early and snagged a table outside. He was in shorts and a tee shirt (and covered in tattoos). AFter that,,the tie came off as soon as I left the office. I felt like I sold more and people liked me better without the tie. Now I focus more on looking clean cut and being approachable. I just try to dress at about the same level as the client. If they are probably wearing a suit, I will too.

Now that I think about it, I did an appointment yesterday in jeans!

So...... Maybe in exchange for my valuable referral you can hook me up with a nice discount???

Back