Tablet Suggestions Anybody

Anyone using the Samsung Note 10.1? The stylus is a very nice feature and I like the size and portability. I currently use a Lenovo Yoga and like it, but even with the 13" screen it is a bit of a pig and no stylus input. Looking for something small and ultra portable to take into client meetings and do quick searches and illustrations. Not sure if I really need full blown Windows 8 capability or not. Open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Anyone using the Samsung Note 10.1? The stylus is a very nice feature and I like the size and portability. I currently use a Lenovo Yoga and like it, but even with the 13" screen it is a bit of a pig and no stylus input. Looking for something small and ultra portable to take into client meetings and do quick searches and illustrations. Not sure if I really need full blown Windows 8 capability or not. Open to suggestions. Thanks.

I'm big on styluses which comes from using Palm Pilots all those years. I just got the Note 3 phone and it's really nice. The stylus features work great.

I went with the Sony Flip over the Lenovo due to the stylus feature too. Great laptop but hate Windows 8 so far.

I'm big on styluses which comes from using Palm Pilots all those years. I just got the Note 3 phone and it's really nice. The stylus features work great.

I went with the Sony Flip over the Lenovo due to the stylus feature too. Great laptop but hate Windows 8 so far.

There are some programs available that bring back the start menu and allow our to boot up in desktop mode making it more like W7:
http://windows.about.com/od/customi...ree-Start-Menu-Replacements-For-Windows-8.htm

The problem I have with the laptops versus tablet is that you can get the tablet on the 4G LTE Verizon network, so anywhere you have a cell signal you are connected. Otherwise with laptops, you need to poach a signal or try to tether, which I hear is slower than connecting directly to the LTE on the tablet.

Is this consistent with other people's experiences? I'm thinking the Samsung Note on Verizon to be connected at appointments at people's houses and then my laptop for at my office and appointments where I know there is free WIFI. Thoughts?

What OS do I need to run macros in Excel spreadsheets, or at least for them to be interactive? I bring up spreadsheets all the time on my Samsung phone, but they're read only. When I get a tablet, do I have to get one that runs Windows to run macro spreadsheets, or are there apps available for Android or ipad to get them to work?

check out Asus Transformer Book T100TA, Windows Pro 8.1 platform, runs all programs, unlike the Rt version, includes microsoft office and a keyboard for $400 bucks. does not have a 4g mobile version, just wifi, so you would need a hotspot.
Very difficult to find in stock

What OS do I need to run macros in Excel spreadsheets, or at least for them to be interactive? I bring up spreadsheets all the time on my Samsung phone, but they're read only. When I get a tablet, do I have to get one that runs Windows to run macro spreadsheets, or are there apps available for Android or ipad to get them to work?

I run basic spreadsheets by putting them into Google Drive with Google's spreadsheet program. This will run on any tablet including an Ipad. The more complicated spreadsheets with Macros then I bring in a 14in laptop. You could probably use a Windows laptop like my son's that has a detachable screen that functions as a tablet. I just dislike Windows 8 and have stayed away from anything with Windows 8. You must have a touchscreen with Windows 8.

I stick to logmein premium for anything more advanced than tablet.

"Ma'am please don't rest your hand on the screen. No it doesn't keep closing, your hand is touching the screen!!"

Back