Tablet Suggestions Anybody

Don't you have an extra charge on your phone for tethering, what service do you have?

Nah, included on iPhone 5 or newer... I have Verizon.

A year into my agency and I still use my Surface for every meeting and application unless using Echosign. When I meet with my customers, I bring the surface. We can update quotes if needed, then sign them right there... paper savings for sure!

Looking at the Surface Pro. Any suggestion on specifics to include? Keyboard is a given, what sized memory, etc. Looking for best bang-for-the-buck package recommendations.

Looking at the Surface Pro. Any suggestion on specifics to include? Keyboard is a given, what sized memory, etc. Looking for best bang-for-the-buck package recommendations.

I have had the Surface Pro for a year or so. Not the SP3 but the older Surface Pro. I like it. I have a docking station and a 20", external monitor, Wireless full-size keyboard and mouse.

We have full dual monitor desk tops at the office, this will be for field use only and some in office paperless application uses. I also have a docking station if I wanted to use in to interface with my current printer/scanner desk top configuration. Just looking for the best most useful deal on SP's.

We have full dual monitor desk tops at the office, this will be for field use only and some in office paperless application uses. I also have a docking station if I wanted to use in to interface with my current printer/scanner desk top configuration. Just looking for the best most useful deal on SP's.

I use it as my computer. If I am taking it in the field I do not take any other peripherals. I have been planning to add a small Bluetooth mouse so as not to have to jack with having to put in a dongle every time I undock. This computer does just about everything our desktop does.

What I have added that I wish I had added a year ago is Amazon.com : Leuchtturm 1917 Pen Loop Black Pack of 3 : Office Products . So I would not have had to search for the stylus which always come unattached. With the keyboard cover it is pretty self-contained.

I've been looking at this too. SP4 comes out in October (I believe) so there might be some deals to be had on the 3.

----------

I use it as my computer. If I am taking it in the field I do not take any other peripherals. I have been planning to add a small Bluetooth mouse so as not to have to jack with having to put in a dongle every time I undock. This computer does just about everything our desktop does.

What I have added that I wish I had added a year ago is Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V55TQGS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 . So I would not have had to search for the stylus which always come unattached. With the keyboard cover it is pretty self-contained.

This sounds like how I would use it as well...desktop (laptop) replacement but with field functionality.

Sounds like you think it's good for that?

I've been looking at this too. SP4 comes out in October (I believe) so there might be some deals to be had on the 3.

----------

This sounds like how I would use it as well...desktop (laptop) replacement but with field functionality.

Sounds like you think it's good for that?

Yes, I have more equipment than I need. If I am doing something simple like Term, GUL or SIWL my Note 3 cell is more than enough. If I am doing something that may become more than I plan or traveling I undock and have my office with me in seconds. I wireless tether and I am good to go.

I am waiting for the SP3 to drop in price also. I think my SP was a microsoft refurb.

I just bought an Asus Transformer T100. It is a 10" tablet that has a detachable keyboard dock. Very nice so far. It runs windows8 & I will likely upgrade to 10. I really like the keyboard dock that attaches directly to the tablet. It gives you the stable feel of a laptop when you are typing. I can pick it up while docked, by the keyboard or tablet, and the unit stays together as one piece.

I picked this up used for super cheap from a friend who's wife used it just a few times because she was dead set on wanting an ipad air. They make a slightly larger 11" version that is the T200, then the newest version which is the T300. If I decide I need a larger screen I will upgrade eventually to the T300. The T200 seems a bit heavy and bulky.

Any opinion on the Dell Convertible?

Ive been thinking of getting this too. I have an old Thinkpad and its still working perfectly. Ive been eyeing a convertible instead of a tablet. They are not a laptop nor a tablet more like a hybrid. And since the i5 processors and advanced battery material were made, convertibles had become thinner without sacrificing performance.

Now is Dell better than Lenovo?

Back