Telemarketing Position

rekon32

I got offered a telemarketing position with a small Allstate office in the Los Angeles area. 11/hr plus commision. This will be my second job as we are saving up for our wedding next year. How hard is this work? I have experience in sales and telemarketing but I have never sold insurance. How tough is it? Any advice is appreciated. Thx!

I got offered a telemarketing position with a small Allstate office in the Los Angeles area. 11/hr plus commision. This will be my second job as we are saving up for our wedding next year. How hard is this work? I have experience in sales and telemarketing but I have never sold insurance. How tough is it? Any advice is appreciated. Thx!

I'm in a call center for bcbs and it's tough. Depending on what you do, your expectations can be set pretty high and a call center environment can be extremely stressful. Slit if times your commission is based off of several things not just a product commision. Good luck though!

thanks for the input. They said I would be selling mostly car insurance both personal and commercial. They want me to get at least 4-5 sales a month.

Just be laid back about the rejections. Thank them, because they're letting you know they aren't the people you're looking for.

How hard is this work? I have experience in sales and telemarketing but I have never sold insurance.

Hopefully, they're only looking to you to generate interest in a quote and not actually sell the insurance (if you're not licensed)?

Either way, when I'm hiring a telemarketer their value to be goes up greatly depending on how much time they've invested in increasing their skills in this area.

Not everything can be covered in just the company's script or list of objection handling solutions. Studying telemarketing best practices will increase your overall effectiveness. I recommend resources like this one:
Amazon.com: The Real Secrets of the Top 20%: How to Double Your Income Selling Over the Phone eBook: Mike Brooks: Kindle Store

And other training along the lines of increasing telemarketing effectiveness.
When your closing/success ratio improves, so can your pay and what you can demand from future employers.

What is a good bonus structure for a telemarketer? Years ago when I sold magazine subscriptions if we worked 10 hours and got 10 orders we got $1 more an hour. Not sure that would work for insurance though. What do y'all use that works?

What is a good bonus structure for a telemarketer? Years ago when I sold magazine subscriptions if we worked 10 hours and got 10 orders we got $1 more an hour. Not sure that would work for insurance though. What do y'all use that works?

I like a more significant bonus for a lead that understands what health questions are involved, what the potential costs are, and wants to move forward to an application. This time-saving is VERY valuable to me.

Ok... That's what I'm trying to ascertain. Specific exanples of what a "significant" bonus is.

While I won't go into my exact agency's compensation program, I would just say that whatever significant means to you and your employee or contractor would do the trick. If it does not incentivize, it's not large enough. If it bolsters sales, it's perfect.

Back