Telesales Option

Opinion... Who should I contact for contracting if I have final expense telesales experience in personal production and training? I'm currently producing in telesales.

Depends,

Are you looking for additional training? Are you currently a captive agent or an independent agent? Since you're most likely setup with another agency in some way, shape or form, what is making you branch out now?

Why are you looking into Telesales?

There are a couple of good options out there, but it depends on your why.

What are the options.. home-based options?

----------

You can give us a call if you want to chat to see what we can do for you.

Since you do telesales -- what's your opinion of heavy hitters on this forum who say telesales is not a good option - long term that is. Why is that? JD's been doing this a long time and has seen players come and go - he has a disdain for telesales model.

----------

Since you do telesales -- what's your opinion of heavy hitters on this forum who say telesales is not a good option - long term that is. Why is that? JD's been doing this a long time and has seen players come and go - he has a disdain for telesales model.

I do not have a disdain for the telesales model. I wish there were more of them. I replaced 3 policies last week that were sold by phone.

It's like finding LH policies to find those deals.

I simply tell agents that telesales for FE is a failed model for he independent agent.

I'm not talking about plantation style call centers nor am I saying that some agents don't sell the occasional fE policy by phone.

I'm talking about as a business model for the fulltime FE agent working on their own. It just doesn't work.

Now, if you own a call center then of course it works for you. I'm not talking to plantation owners. I'm talking to the agent that's looking to make a living selling FE.

----------

I agree with what JD says, however there are still a few unicorn agents that can make it work. I just give them the opportunity to succeed or fail. I'll actually try to talk them out of it to begin with, but depending on their experience, some have a good shot at it. The OP is a good example of having experience at it already. Why wouldn't we talk to him about it at this point?

We've had about 3 agents that have done well with FE sales. Still, at one point they all 3 decided to give it up for something more favorable. It's a hard gig to do on your own.

The rhetoric has changed here recently. It went from telesales is a failed model, to telesales is a failed model for the independent agent. I would tend to agree with the latter.

Its nearly impossible to earn a decent income ($50k plus) as an independent agent in final expense telesales. The reason is due mostly to lead cost, but burn out is a huge factor as well.

Back