Unicare

Trust me... Texas will not institute universal healthcare. Do realize how conservative the State of Texas is? The Texas politicians that would vote for this type of bill would find a very short career ahead of them. Texans do not take kindly to tax increases...

Texans do not take kindly to tax increases...
Don't be so sure - Our governor just implemented the biggest tax increase to business in the history of the state. My taxes are going way up.

And a lot of Texas carriers cover you ON OR OFF the job. Hasn't anyone else seen the Mega Life commercials? lol.

Don't be so sure - Our governor just implemented the biggest tax increase to business in the history of the state. My taxes are going way up.

And a lot of Texas carriers cover you ON OR OFF the job. Hasn't anyone else seen the Mega Life commercials? lol.

Exactly my point... The size of the increase required to cover universal healthcare would be astronomical... Imagine increasing everyone, including the "regular people"... It won't happen!

And yes! Kinky would make a world of difference!

Guess were I'm going may2......

[FONT=&quot]Scott[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Hey there! I would love for you to come to this UniCare meeting on Friday, May 2nd. Please let me know if you’re interested. Thanks![/FONT]

Yea .....with a gun......just got this email this morning.....but its only 20 min's from the house so count me in......

[FONT=&quot]Yea! I can’t wait to meet you in person. I’m RSVPing for you!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Alicia Bowers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broker Sales and Service Representative[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Benefitport>>Southwest[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]210 804-9996[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]210 805-0671 (fax)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]210 854-9780 (cell)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please note our NEW address:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10010 San Pedro[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Suite 550[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]San Antonio, Texas 78216[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WellPoint/UniCare is proud to be a sponsor of the FedEx Kinko’s Classic to support The Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas. UniCare strives to improve the lives of those we serve, and a large portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to this outstanding not-for-profit community provider. Focused on treating children, this new medical center provides top-notch care and service in an environment that is designed specifically for children. Come join us for our small group breakfast seminar and golf outing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Friday, May 2nd 9:00am: Lakeway Resort and Spa - Broker Breakfast Seminar[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]101 Lakeway Dr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lakeway, TX 78734[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](512) 261-6600
Get directions[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Austin Hotel | Lakeway Resort and Spa | Luxury Austin Spa |Austin Texas Groups & Meetings | A Dolce Resort and Conference Destination[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Topics[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Specialty Products[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New Small Group Solaura Plans[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Full Circle Health[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Following Breakfast: Fed Ex Kinko’s Event- Broker Golf Outing[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Join us after attending the breakfast at the UniCare hospitality tent on the 18th Green—there will be refreshments, buffet service, seating, and even a Tournament TV so you don’t have to miss a single stroke! Shuttles will be running all day to and from the Lakeway Inn to the Kinko’s Fed Ex Golf Event.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please RSVP!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I look forward to seeing youthere.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WellPoint/UniCare is proud to be a sponsor of the FedEx Kinko’s Classic to support The Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas. UniCare strives to improve the lives of those we serve, and a large portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to this outstanding not-for-profit community provider. Focused on treating children, this new medical center provides top-notch care and service in an environment that is designed specifically for children. Come join us for our small group breakfast seminar and golf outing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Friday, May 2nd 9:00am: Lakeway Resort and Spa - Broker Breakfast Seminar[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]101 Lakeway Dr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lakeway, TX 78734[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](512) 261-6600
Get directions[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Austin Hotel | Lakeway Resort and Spa | Luxury Austin Spa |Austin Texas Groups & Meetings | A Dolce Resort and Conference Destination[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Topics[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Specialty Products[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New Small Group Solaura Plans[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Full Circle Health[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Following Breakfast: Fed Ex Kinko’s Event- Broker Golf Outing[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Join us after attending the breakfast at the UniCare hospitality tent on the 18th Green—there will be refreshments, buffet service, seating, and even a Tournament TV so you don’t have to miss a single stroke! Shuttles will be running all day to and from the Lakeway Inn to the Kinko’s Fed Ex Golf Event.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please RSVP!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I look forward to seeing youthere.[/FONT]

To Homeservice, I read your response regarding Texas as being the "problem child" of America regarding health insurance. Your response does not answer the question. All points you made reflect a public policy decision regarding undocumented workers and workers comp. They have nothing to do with the health insurance market in Texas. Both are public policy matters. Undocumented workers does not affect my ability to sell an indy health policy. Workers comp is not a health insurance issuse, it's a workers comp issuse. I feel we have some of the best options in America to offer the public in health insurance, unlike some states where the Blues control the market, or states that dont pay as high of commission as we do or states that have more expensive risk pools and on and on and on... Could we make adjustments, YES... are we the "problem child" HELL NO!!

I was born and raised here in North Texas, held public office in this state, and know it like the back of my hand, not someone that has bounced around in life for the past 20 years not knowing what to do with their life as you have stated in past post.

Next time you decided to trash the health insurance business here in Texas, which I have been a part of for 16 years selling ONLY indy policies, be prepared to bring more than BS and a background in limited benefit supplement policies to back up your claims.

To Homeservice, I read your response regarding Texas as being the "problem child" of America regarding health insurance. Your response does not answer the question. All points you made reflect a public policy decision regarding undocumented workers and workers comp. They have nothing to do with the health insurance market in Texas. Both are public policy matters. Undocumented workers does not affect my ability to sell an indy health policy. Workers comp is not a health insurance issuse, it's a workers comp issuse. I feel we have some of the best options in America to offer the public in health insurance, unlike some states where the Blues control the market, or states that dont pay as high of commission as we do or states that have more expensive risk pools and on and on and on... Could we make adjustments, YES... are we the "problem child" HELL NO!!

I was born and raised here in North Texas, held public office in this state, and know it like the back of my hand, not someone that has bounced around in life for the past 20 years not knowing what to do with their life as you have stated in past post.

Next time you decided to trash the health insurance business here in Texas, which I have been a part of for 16 years selling ONLY indy policies, be prepared to bring more than BS and a background in limited benefit supplement policies to back up your claims.

What he said... :yes:

Peeler, I'm trying to tell you that selling individual health insurance in this state is not a great plan. I've been here selling since 1990. Got you beat on that, been selling more than 16 years. I worked for Mutual of Omaha selling individual health major med { not just supplemental and limited} and they pulled it. I worked for a Dallas company called Republic Bankers, selling individual health, they pulled it. These companies are pulling health products like crazy. Here's a few more: Principal, Bankers Life and Casualty. Physicians Mutual had a major med, pulled it. I have no clue who you are selling with, but plan on them pulling the product, or changing it drastically. Your choices are dwindling. { even NASE and Farm and Ranch keep changing carriers and changing things up.... things change in a year or two... or in 6 months.} Unicare has a dodgy reputation around here, as does Humana. So does United. Humana and United mainly because they pull out of HMO networks and leave people hanging. Assurant is non-competitive. The Blues kind of run this state anyhow. If you are selling health in this state it better be with Blue Cross, or Aetna or maybe Golden Rule. That's about all the ones that I can think of... well, maybe American National. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised American National doesn't pull the health and concentrate on life.

You write health insurance and you are writing a claim, that's basically it. TX has some of the biggest problems with the most uninsured, the most illegals, the most health conditions, overweight, and the most politicians wanting to be famous for figuring out the solution. That right there is the biggest problem: Texas politicians, you guys think they are conservative around here? They sure don't tax and spend like they are conservative.

Back