Wanting to start Appointment Setting

CJR

Expert
Hey all,

Been awhile since I hit the forums but needed some advice. I tried selling FE several years ago and for host of reasons wasn’t successful. I knew I needed a more structured hands on training to selling.

I’ve served in the Army National Guard for years and took a position as a Recruiters Assistant and eventually as a Recruiter. This was a great way to learn the ropes in prospecting and selling. It turns out I didn’t suck at selling like I thought I just had to be trained Barney style. A year into the job and Ive been consistently one of the best recruiters in my state. Big takeaway I’ve had is I’m great at setting appointments and on the phone in general. Typical day is 200+ calls sandwiched around a few appointments.

Over the years of recruiting I’m much more now referral based to make my mission, which I usually do halfway through the year. I wanted to start offering services to agents to set appointments for them, as I’ve found that I typically have a ton of free time during my work day and lots of leeway to work remotely.

My insurance license has lapsed and honestly I have zero interest at this time to renew as it doubt I would be able to hit enough in person appointments to make the juice worth the squeeze.

I understand the frustration a lot of agents have about setters not being great or not being invested. My questions are the following,

1. What are the best ways to connect with agents to offer my services.

2. What is a typical rate structure look like? ( I understand as being “new” to insurance appointment setting that proving yourself would be important)

3. If you were in my position wanting to start offering services to agents what’s the first things you would do?

Back