What Was Your FIRST Insurance Sale? Mainly Senior Market?

Hey now we know about how old you are. You were out selling the year before I was even born.

I started when I was 20. A 20 year old selling Med Supps. I'll be getting my own Med Supp in a couple of months. Damn, I'm getting old...but not as old as Rouse! I think he started 3 years before you were born.:yes:

I'll be getting my own Med Supp in a couple of months.

My first ins sale was a 25K whole life policy in 1978. My first senior product was a med supp. Made a one time $75 commission.

I too will be in the market for a med sup in a few months. It is fun to read all the T65 marketing crap I get in the mail each day. I'm saving it all to see how high the pile gets. The first T65 piece I rec'd was from the NRA 2 months ago. I'm even getting crap from agents in Georgia. I think i'll call that agent and request an "in home" visit.

My first sale was a self-generated lead and sold term. That was in 1988. I don't even count those years to my insurance carrier as I was with Primerica. I did learn how to pick a policy apart very well though!

My first ins sale was a 25K whole life policy in 1978. My first senior product was a med supp. Made a one time $75 commission.

I too will be in the market for a med sup in a few months. It is fun to read all the T65 marketing crap I get in the mail each day. I'm saving it all to see how high the pile gets. The first T65 piece I rec'd was from the NRA 2 months ago. I'm even getting crap from agents in Georgia. I think i'll call that agent and request an "in home" visit.

I've gotten a few mailers so far. I won't be swayed by them though...I've already got my agent picked out. He's the best!:yes:

What process/how do you approach picking apart a policy? thanks

You buy leads and go see clients. Either look at their policy or call the company with them. Not very hard to pick them apart if they are bad.

They think it is whole life and it is a term instead.

They think it is 10k but it is really 5k with 10k accidental death.

They think it will last forever but it cancels at 80.

They think premiums are guaranteed, but they start to increase at a certain age.

Best thing to do is to get with an up line that will train you on ever aspect of this business, then get on a steady flow of leads and go get belly to belly with a minimum of 12 people per week.

If you do this, you will learn from mistakes, but you will be learning the right way. Agents can prepare for years and never end up doing anything.

Hope you get going in 2017!

Back