What Was Your FIRST Insurance Sale? Mainly Senior Market?

I don't know what you are trying to stir this time. I answered the question asked.

What the hell does that have to do with what I count?

If you got something to say why do it with riddles?

Switch to decaf JD.

It was a real question. I was going to use the term lead as well. I ran/run to many leads but I don't buy leads normally. Some people only call bought leads leads. Most insurance agents don't buy leads.

Nevermind JD, you would not understand. I was just asking your opinion. Decaf JD.

You buy leads and go see clients. Either look at their policy or call the company with them. Not very hard to pick them apart if they are bad.

They think it is whole life and it is a term instead.

They think it is 10k but it is really 5k with 10k accidental death.

They think it will last forever but it cancels at 80.

They think premiums are guaranteed, but they start to increase at a certain age.

Best thing to do is to get with an up line that will train you on ever aspect of this business, then get on a steady flow of leads and go get belly to belly with a minimum of 12 people per week.

If you do this, you will learn from mistakes, but you will be learning the right way. Agents can prepare for years and never end up doing anything.

Hope you get going in 2017!

Thanks for words of encouragement. Just getting a plan for starting my insurance adventure. Lots of great information /discussions on here. I'm planning to get L&H for FE/term/supps. Still trying to figure out what line I need to sell cyber insurance to businesses. thinking P&C. Getting licensed in IL is looking like $500 to $1000. I don't like spending money unless I am extremely confident I can get it back. I've worked hard and been frugal to save up the money I have.

And appreciate you helping me understand picking apart a policy. How much time do you spend reading /understanding policies you write?

My 1st insurance sale was in 1973 and it was a big one. I was given a lapse card on an older couple on a $25 a year cancer policy to see if I could rewrite it. I did and made $10 plus $5 of the $6 policy fee, for a whopping $15. It wasn't much but it was a sale. As one of my old Branch Managers would say..."it's better than a kick in the pants".:twitchy:

I don't know about you JD, but I consider lapse cards to be leads. It's possible that Wino wasn't stirring...highly unlikely, but possible. :laugh:

There are all kinds of leads, whether they be DM, TM, avatar, referrals or a name off of a targeted data list(before data lists, I used to write down "old" sounding names out of the phone book to cold door knock, and to me they were leads).:yes:

I'm guessing the leads you were referring to were DM.

Lets cut to the chase, if they are breathing it a lead, or swinging between trees, eating bananas its a lead.....:goofy::goofy::goofy:

My first senior (FE) sale was to a deaf woman off a DM mailer. The day I first saw her she was having trouble with her eyes, and she tried to fill out the med q's herself. (We communicated back and forth by writing notes.) I felt so bad for her that I asked if she wanted me to come back in a week, as she said she was seeing her eye Doc., and felt she would be better then. When I went back, I had written all the med q's in very large letters with Y and N boxes. She filled them out and took the pol. 10k $69.00 monthly premium. Still on the books. My second was for a little couple in a mobile home park, (that I wouldn't go into at night), Two 5K policies, (all they could afford), not much commission but they needed it and I sold it. Still on the books. P.S. Filled out both apps on the driveway.......they wouldn't let me come in the house. Hooked on FE. Appreciate all,(most), of you on the forum. Learned a lot............Still learning. Thanks

Back