Who Is the best people to contract with

I understand. You kids with your fancy contraptions :1wink: .

But you are not there for one a dozen or more FE replies they have made. You are not competing with other FE agents for their FE business.

The agent has to be confident and be able to separate from the others. Especially in a replacement situation. You can't be sitting fumbling around with "maybe we can do this for this price or maybe we could do this".

I agree that if you carry underwriting guides around with you then you might as well have it on your phone. But I don't carry underwriting guides with me. I can do an eApp with several companies in the time it takes to enter it into toolkit.
Yep, I'm a kid at heart.

I don't believe you could fill out ONE eapp while I type in health conditions and meds, and I'm a slow typer. :laugh:

There's no fumbling around. Choose age, gender, tobacco, F.A , Zip and type in health conditions and meds( the fields populate as you type).

I'd hate to take the time to fill out an app...then they don't qualify. I really didn't mind doing POS phone interviews. Yes, made the appointment take longer, but you knew before you left. I remember one guy, I had to do phone interviews with 3 companies. I was glad # 3 took him, because he wouldn't have done a 4th.

Last edited:
Depends what you mean by training, I mean I dont need sales training

I do need to learn about Life as far as replacements and all that goes into that with cash values and how all that works

I need some underwriting and carrier guidance
FE is a very simple product.

You have Level (day one coverage), Graded (30% 1st year, 70% 2nd year, 100% of Face Amount 3rd year is common), Modified (return of premiums paid plus 10% during 1st 2 years), Guaranteed Issue ( return of premiums paid plus 10% during 1st 2 years).

All of them pay day one for accidental death.

Toolkit will help you with the UW, and show you which carriers are priced the best. Experience will tell you which carriers are a PITA to work with.

You have Level (day one coverage), Graded (30% 1st year, 70% 2nd year, 100% of Face Amount 3rd year is common), Modified (return of premiums paid plus 10% during 1st 2 years), Guaranteed Issue ( return of premiums paid plus 10% during 1st 2 years).

Toolkit will help you with the UW, and show you which carriers are priced the best. Experience will tell you which carriers are a PITA to work with.

Where I get confused is with the replacements

I mean when is it ethical or not?

If someone has a policy for $40 for several years and you can replace it for equil coverage for the same money

is the a good deal because they get cash value back?
if so how do I calculate how much?

Underwriting last I tried some 6 or so years ago I had a new person one day in NC and other day in IL each with health conditions there were different companies with dif underwriting in different states

it did not seem as uniform as med supp constant underwriting in different states with a few but not crazy carrier differences other than pricing

But you know what I think it can really be simplified once I am in a right place with a little not crazy amount of guidance

If I need to start in home state and spread from there I can grasp the differences

I am also not on medicare leads all day long anymore except during AEP

I feel like this is the right time

But you know what I think it can really be simplified once I am in a right place with a little not crazy amount of guidance

If I need to start in home state and spread from there I can grasp the differences

I am also not on medicare leads all day long anymore except during AEP

I feel like this is the right time
You should practice on your book.

That is just it I would rather make mistakes not on my book number one

the last time like 6 years ago seems every one I spoke with had dif med conditions not accounting to the 3 products I stated with

and if one had afib in tx had a different carrier then IL and back then I did not have a tool

I had to say ok I will get back to you

I don't want to do that this time, I want to cut my teeth on one are and then expand make some mistakes and perfect

I feel better making a mistake on a lead then a client

Where I get confused is with the replacements

I mean when is it ethical or not?

If someone has a policy for $40 for several years and you can replace it for equil coverage for the same money

is the a good deal because they get cash value back?
if so how do I calculate how much?

Underwriting last I tried some 6 or so years ago I had a new person one day in NC and other day in IL each with health conditions there were different companies with dif underwriting in different states

it did not seem as uniform as med supp constant underwriting in different states with a few but not crazy carrier differences other than pricing
When replacing, you have to worry that they'll have a new 2 year contestable period (except in Kentucky).

Lots of people carry overpriced policies with companies like Lincoln Heritage, Senior Life and American Income Life. You can sell them the same amount of coverage for less money, or preferably, sell them more coverage for the same premium.

If they have cash value built up, it might make sense for them to cash it in and pay a little more per month. Pay an extra $10 a month, and get $1,000 plus cash back. It's like figuring out a puzzle.

You have to take their health into consideration. Some times it's better to sell them an additional policy, rather than replace.

And I tell you what if you look at Jeffs site he has it together I believe if I get set with them, I will do way more FE then I ever expected and may be a very large part of my buis

Back