YAL Lead...Wanna Hear What One Sounds Like?

MPS it depends. Sometimes I can see 9 out of 10, sometimes not. But your getting stuck on that one point and not getting my point that as a whole IMO direct mail is better than telemarketed leads, unless possibly you hire the telemarketer and can control what they say, the script, etc.

Yes with those YAL leads you may have some success. But I would rather put the odds in my favor with leads that can get me a higher close ratio than 20%.

If the question is, is that lead valid, then yes it probably fits their criteria.

If the question is, is that lead good. The answer is no.

That script sounds EXACTLY how equita trained us to schedule appointments, which I always thought was repulsive.

MPS it depends. Sometimes I can see 9 out of 10, sometimes not. But your getting stuck on that one point and not getting my point that as a whole IMO direct mail is better than telemarketed leads, unless possibly you hire the telemarketer and can control what they say, the script, etc.

Yes with those YAL leads you may have some success. But I would rather put the odds in my favor with leads that can get me a higher close ratio than 20%.

I didn't miss the point, you made a bogus statement and I pointed that out.

That lead was not that bad. I have paid more for much worse leads than that.

I wouldn't ask for credit for that lead. The guy did agree to have someone come by.

As for saying he didn't need any life insurance, I would guess that 30 to 40% of my sales started out with a comment like that.. I do over 300 FE apps per year, so that means I hear that objection on over 100 a year that I end up writing anyway.

I did my own mailers a few years ago that I designed and put all the stuff on there that I would want as an agent. Even put on there that by sending in thios card you are "requesting to be contacted by a licensed insurance agent".

I did two 1000 piece mailers with that language on there. One returned 4 lead cards and one returned 3 lead cards.

They were excellent leads. They were costing me over $100 each, though.

I don't anything about YAL other than what I've read on this board. If that lead posted is as bad as they get, they don't deserve the bashing they have gotten here.

That lead was not that bad. I have paid more for much worse leads than that.

I wouldn't ask for credit for that lead. The guy did agree to have someone come by.

As for saying he didn't need any life insurance, I would guess that 30 to 40% of my sales started out with a comment like that.. I do over 300 FE apps per year, so that means I hear that objection on over 100 a year that I end up writing anyway.

I did my own mailers a few years ago that I designed and put all the stuff on there that I would want as an agent. Even put on there that by sending in thios card you are "requesting to be contacted by a licensed insurance agent".

I did two 1000 piece mailers with that language on there. One returned 4 lead cards and one returned 3 lead cards.

They were excellent leads. They were costing me over $100 each, though.

I don't anything about YAL other than what I've read on this board. If that lead posted is as bad as they get, they don't deserve the bashing they have gotten here.

No he didnt.. listen again

What she said was.. "How about agent call you and share some free info with you and then you decide if its in your best interest"

No where in that call does he agree to have someone "come by"

It was her job to find out if he was intrested, not mine

I could call 50 phone book numbers and get 15 of them to agree to that

Last edited:
YAL states when you place the ad they will replace leads that dont meet certain criteria. such as

1. they must answer the banking question with a yes

2. they can't be in a nursing home or a wheel chair.

3. They say they happily replace leads where the person is not of sound mind

Out of my 25 leads I had 4 or 5 people refuse to answer the banking question. I had at least one in a wheel chair and one in a nursing home.. I had 4 or 5 that were obviously not right in the head. One lady didn't even know her name. 2 or 3 almost pleaded to have them speak with their husbands. Many of my leads were far worse than the one TPAA played. As if his wasn't bad enough. Technically, I suppose the lead he played did meet their criteria. I certainly wouldn't call it a good lead.

My point is when you place the order they make all kinds of promises, but when the leads come in they don't replace ****. At least 10 out of 25 should have been replaced based upon their own criteria. They offered to replace 1.

BTW, Some guy just emailed me and said they are now selling their leads for $11 dollars a piece.

Last edited:
Their system just saw that it fit the criteria and passed it on to you, this is comparable to knocking on doors and passing out flyers on the street if they continue to give you that kind of service. Have they generated good leads consistently before this?

BTW, Some guy just emailed me and said they are now selling their leads for $11 dollars a piece.

Damage Control

I wouldnt pay .25 cents for that pile of dogsh*t

I can buy 90 day aged leads for $3 and have better succes at closing than that crap

Who is this knucklehead that runs YAL?

Something tells me he's from upstate East coast.. wears a jumpsuit and has a bad accent and smokes cigars and is one double whopper away from a massive coronary heart explosion

Back