Your retirement plan - sell your book?

If he blocked you he will not see your reply. Just curious what you said for Bob to call you a loser? Why did you delete your posts?
Yep, I wonder that too. That doesn't sound like Bob to call somebody a loser without being provoked. Now me on the other hand....:biggrin:

I wonder if J-Do is wanting to arrange a cage match with Bob. Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!! :twitchy:

If he blocked you he will not see your reply. Just curious what you said for Bob to call you a loser? Why did you delete your posts?
Doesnt matter--these internet tough guys that talk s*** from the safety of their keyboard but they would whiz down their leg in person. Less than pathetic

Doesnt matter--these internet tough guys that talk s*** from the safety of their keyboard but they would whiz down their leg in person. Less than pathetic

Yet you seem to be actually threatening him in a passive aggressive way. You haven't been around here long enough to know somarco. He's about the last person who would say something unprovoked. He's not an "Internet tough guy".

All the talk about "wetting their panties" and "whizzing down their leg in person" gives the impression that you're the keyboard warrior. But that's just my opinion.

Somarco has earned his respect around here by adding value with his experience and knowledge. The longer you hang around the more you'll see that.

I'm thinking...

1. Bob never goes off the rails unless provoked.
2. You ERASED your posts by editing them down to an X. So you are obviously hiding something
3. If you can't figure out how to actually delete your comments and/or send a private message (its far from brain surgery)

THERFORE....

You aren't just a loser.
You're an ***.

I'm thinking...

1. Bob never goes off the rails unless provoked.
2. You ERASED your posts by editing them down to an X. So you are obviously hiding something
3. If you can't figure out how to actually delete your comments and/or send a private message (its far from brain surgery)

THERFORE....

You aren't just a loser.
You're an ***.
You go girl!!! J-Do has also been trying to pick a fight with 2 different guys in the FE Forum. He'll fit right in over there. :twitchy:

OK...I'm really asking. Keeping in mind that the women in my family have hit 90 for 6 generations. I know what this looks like at an older age.

I have 2 concerns with going past 70...

1. Mental/physical capacity
2. Death

Its not just that I want to be on a beach. Its that I don't want to leave my clients with nothing. Right now, I have a backup plan if I get hit by the proverbial bus. But at age 62 or so, if I don't have someone in house to pass this off to, I'll look to sell. I get the financial ramifications, but I'm not willing to risk my clients well-being, either.

On the other side, you leaving the insurance business is going to risk your clients well-being. Period.

My opinion, just from reading posts. You have a dynamic personality which not all may duplicate. Not all agents are going to be sucessful selling at "hat" parties. I think it might be difficult to find another agent with the depth of knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry which you have, which may in turn may make it difficult for your clients to experience a continuation of the current "kgmom difference" -the annual drug reports. (And I did really like seeing something besides the high pressure "we'll shop the lowest price for you annually" as a differentiation tactic.) Not all agents are going to have the ability to "walk the line" between financial planners and medicare insurance clients as you do.

Just saying that no matter how carefully you try to choose a purchaser, your clients are likely to get different treatment-and some probably won't like it. And some of your referral sources will probably dislike your replacement as well. Both of which will affect the success of your successor.

As a hoarder (and please don't go "Rick" on me and say I'm calling you a hoarder-I'm not) I am supposed to be learning about letting things go. One facet of that is dealing with the emotions involved. Experientially, as I watch myself, I see that one of the ways in which I have tried to cope with the emotional difficulties of letting something go is to try to control it after I let it go. I'm not finding that to work out well.

I expect there are differences between things like my special super soaker, my Roy Rogers cap guns or my dad's wrenches and a business involving relationships with hundreds of people. Just offering some comments/thoughts for whatever they are worth.

Regards.
LD

Last edited:
Back