AARP Secure Horizons

There are marketing organizations that treat agents like real people. We should support them and tell the rest to kiss our ass.

Could you tell us some of the good marketing organizations out there??

A good marketing organization if you want or need Humana is Advocate Health, but unless they have changed it, you have to be selling Humana exclusively for MA and PDP. I don't know about UHC. The only other FMO I've ever heard of for Humana is Parker and I don't know if they even offer Humana contracts anymore.

Last edited:
I am currently signed on with Trusted Senior Services. They are able to sign me up with any company that I have found that can sell MAs and MAPDs in this area.
I have been working closely with a rep named Jim Kennedy. He has been able to match and/or beat any of the FMO offers I have received to sign on with them. Which is WONDERFUL, but also, I am able to have all my MAs and MAPDs from one area and they provide leads, a personal appointment setter (which I will not lead, I usually work off of SOLID referrals within three weeks of the enrollment period), and many, many other benefits I would never be able to get on my own.
If you guys are looking for an honest, easy-to-work-with FMO, TSS may be who y'all (yes, I am in Texas) need to contact. EVERY SINGLE TIME I have called with a request, problem, or question, they have gotten back to me within the hour. And they always end the calls with, "Whatever you need, we are here to support you."
And you may not know this about me yet, but it really is "all about me"!!

It seems to me that most of you are missing the most important aspect of the AARP/Secure Horizons rollout-Agent credibility.

Let's face it, calling a prospect and saying you are a local agent with that represents AARP gives you a much better chance of having someone pay attention than simply saying you are local. I'm 60 and even though I've never joined AARP I hear so many people my age or older treat that name like royalty that I'm all for having products with their brand in my product offering. On top of that AARP's Med Supplement plans are very, very cost competitive (at least in Florida) so that eliminates another issue.

You were right to add the "at least in Fla" caveat b/c in other states their supp is not even in the ballpark.

A good marketing organization if you want or need Humana is Advocate Health, but unless they have changed it, you have to be selling Humana exclusively for MA and PDP. I don't know about UHC. The only other FMO I've ever heard of for Humana is Parker and I don't know if they even offer Humana contracts anymore.

The FMO that I signed up with is getting me signed on with Humana as well. And I am not captive or selling Humana exclusively for MA or PDP. UHC is now merged with PacifiCare, so if you are signed on with either of those, you can sell the SNP EverCare throughout the year. And, so no, it is not exclusive either, but I could not sign on with either UHC or Care Improvement Plus when I contacted the companies directly. I think they want us to go through FMOs so that not only can they try to monitor the certifications, but that there is another set of eyes also confirming the certifcations.
Generally, when you sign on with an FMO, they do not want you captive, but they want you to sell all the MAs through them exclusively.
I do not know how I feel about FMOs, I have had one great experience and one where the woman just flat-out lied to me. And then, I spoke to the "President" of the FMO and she lied, too. I finally said, "I spoke with the Texas Department of Insurance and they said..." And then they backed down and started saying that "It" (what we were disagreeing about) was not a law, but just a preference for their FMO. I don't like people screwing with me and my money, so I told them to kiss it and signed on with two companies that do not mind my working with both of them.

Let me once again remind everyone that they should ask for and receive an unconditional release from anyone they sign with. This should happen before any contracts are signed.

A great releationship today can change in a heartbeat.

Rick

The FMO that I signed up with is getting me signed on with Humana as well. And I am not captive or selling Humana exclusively for MA or PDP. UHC is now merged with PacifiCare, so if you are signed on with either of those, you can sell the SNP EverCare throughout the year..

UHC merged with Pacificare a very long time ago. I believe I was 27 when that happened.

That explains why you think the merger occurred "a long time ago". :)

One year to a senior like me is a flash in a pan.

Anyway, didn't know your exact age when the merger was announced and when it actually completed....

Back