Allstate EFS

I work for Allstate on the P&C side, and every client I write gets sent to our EFS person.

If our agency doesnt write enough Financial, we can get a haircut. Each agency must obtain there goals, and we get as many people to our EFS as we can.

Allstate is a great company to work for.

Okay, now I know why you talked up Allstate in the auto thread. :laugh:

When you say "on the P&C side" are you saying you do other insurance too? Just curious.

Okay, now I know why you talked up Allstate in the auto thread. :laugh:

When you say "on the P&C side" are you saying you do other insurance too? Just curious.

I do home, auto, business and whatever toys you have (4-Wheeler, RV, etc). I dont do life/health/etc just yet.

I do home, auto, business and whatever toys you have (4-Wheeler, RV, etc). I dont do life/health/etc just yet.

I'm surprised they don't start by training you in life, where all the money seems to be made for companies and agents.

Does that include motorcycles? I am looking to buy a crotch-rocket in the next 6 months and I am curious to know how the rates are calculated. Thanks.

-J.R.

I don't share the same warm fuzzies as Zydo about the Allstate program. In theory, it's a great concept. However, you are dependent upon Allstate P&C agents to refer clients to you. The Allstate P&C agents are primarily concerned about P&C business and life and financial services are secondary. If you don't need their referrals, then why go with Allstate. I jnow someone who tried them out. He went and spoke with about 7 or 8 agents in a 3 county area about working with them. They all said they were on board and willing to give referrals. Based on that information, he accepted the position. All of a sudden, the P&C guys just couldn't seem to find the time to sit down with him and come up with a game plan. And the only referrals he got from them were the ones they couldn't handle themselves.

That is the problem...when an EFS comes on board with Allstate they typically stop doing what they were doing before they got to Allstate. If an EFS will continue to write business in the same fashion they did before moving to Allstate and use the agent referrals as gravy then they should be uber successful. The problem is most of them dont. They rely on th agents to write them their paycheck and that is a shame. They want the agents to do all the marketing and do all the leg work for them to come in and write an app and it just doesnt work that way. Allstate pitches it as a partnership...it should be one.

That is the problem...when an EFS comes on board with Allstate they typically stop doing what they were doing before they got to Allstate. If an EFS will continue to write business in the same fashion they did before moving to Allstate and use the agent referrals as gravy then they should be uber successful. The problem is most of them dont. They rely on th agents to write them their paycheck and that is a shame. They want the agents to do all the marketing and do all the leg work for them to come in and write an app and it just doesnt work that way. Allstate pitches it as a partnership...it should be one.

WELL SAID and TRUE IMHO. IF I accept the contract not only do I plan to do the above but also prospect for P&C. I plan to X Date every house in the county. I'm thinking P&C is far easier to prospect for and it leads to the life sales. Kind of a domino effect.

WELL SAID and TRUE IMHO. IF I accept the contract not only do I plan to do the above but also prospect for P&C. I plan to X Date every house in the county. I'm thinking P&C is far easier to prospect for and it leads to the life sales. Kind of a domino effect.

Then you may want to consider a role as an EA. You can still sell the financial products and you have a book that you can sell one day when you get ready to retire. The only thing is you wont be getting any referrals from other EAs but hey at least you will own the P and C book.

I was recently approached on the EFS program, but after talking with a friend that was with Allstate as an EFS I decided against it. It could be a solid plan if you continue to prospect, but I don't think the leads come as easily as the recruiter makes it sound. Nothing against Allstate, but if I'm going to sell financial products, there are IMO better carriers to be captive with.

Back