Angry At Being Door Knocked Signed Lead Card In Hand

I am always ready for a surprise knock at the door.

M-ViUMxFi-s4sHjmArY-H1nN5YWlsIPqg-801026JlNYpyK0gQFtjhBE-vphlCZ7dQt-dJGZ45a6_EFVL8cY0Z3P20ZICvIiNPgr_XqAgLt0u5dsn_vnAE0IW833AzNk5EUHBISAPDWFLJJCnzRlM35p6NcFPT3NDV8

Merry Christmas...again simply looking for funny comebacks for lead card replies who have zero common courtesy to strangers.

Simple as that.....

An addition to the previous post....after marketing....philosophical lectures.

I am good bro
Hi Noah,
In my opinion, the best comeback to a reaction like that is, “I’m sorry I overlooked your request and imposed on you. Most people who complete these cards are expecting me. Again, please forgive me for intruding. If there is a better time that I may be of help, let me know.” Edit it as you see fit. The point is, disarm them with kindness and professionalism. There is very little you can say to someone in that moment that will make them buy from you. There is no telling what they’ve just experienced right before you got there. Therefore, flip the script and set a trap that will make them fill ashamed for attacking you like that. Incidentally, this is also the best approach to psychologically get you through the rest of your appointments. Getting smart with a rude prospect often indicates the sales person truly didn’t care about their needs from the start. All it really proves is that the priority was getting a check, and if it just so happens that the client benefits in the process, that’s secondary. The quicker you move on to your next appointment after an encounter such as that, the better for both of you. The last thing you want is to antagonize someone, especially on their property.

With as much sincerity as I had in my heart, I once told an irate prospect, ‘I’m sorry I troubled you. God bless you.’, and walked away. To my surprise, they chased me down, apologized for being so rude, and bought from me. Perhaps that brief exchange proved to them that I wasn’t in it only for what their purchase could do for me.

Last edited:
@titeye ^^^^ That

I have done a lot of cold door knocks. Not leads that someone sent in requesting information in any form. From gang infested East Oakland and Richmond to old money Oakland Hills and Diablo.

The poor and working class areas were 100% easier to get into or set up a time to meet later.

I was younger back then so I may have argued with a few but mostly I was nice, polite and light hearted. The kinda guy you would want to do business with.

Last edited:
I read through many of the comments to the end but my reply would have been along the lines of @titeye and @WinoBlues:

"Sure, and I didn't mean to interrupt you. I'll just be a quick second. I don't know if this is for you or not but I wanted to give you the heads up that you do qualify for one of these special policies, and often we can save folks a ton of money or even put hundreds of dollars in your pocket depending upon whether we can upgrade what you are already doing. Would you be open-minded to finding out if we might be able to improve your situation?"

If he says no to that, he isn't a buyer today. Thank him, give him your card, and whistle your way to the next door.

I read through many of the comments to the end but my reply would have been along the lines of @titeye and @WinoBlues:

"Sure, and I didn't mean to interrupt you. I'll just be a quick second. I don't know if this is for you or not but I wanted to give you the heads up that you do qualify for one of these special policies, and often we can save folks a ton of money or even put hundreds of dollars in your pocket depending upon whether we can upgrade what you are already doing. Would you be open-minded to finding out if we might be able to improve your situation?"

If he says no to that, he isn't a buyer today. Thank him, give him your card, and whistle your way to the next door.

Good answers, but . . . the OP seems to be determined to waste time engaging someone with "snappy comebacks" rather than moving on and complaining about folks who don't see things HIS way.

Or he would rather continue getting his nose bloodied and then whine about it rather than finding another way where he doesn't encounter as much resistance.

Never teach a pig to sing.

It is a waste of your time and it annoys the pig.

Years ago when i was a new agent,I ws cold door knocking with veteran agent to learn.
We cam to a housw with a sign by the door that said "we shoot every third salesman that knocks and the second one just left" I thought oh shit.. Undaunted my partner knocked. A man oprned the door, my partner pointed his finger at him, points at the sign and shoots him with his finger, says Bang got you first and starts laughing. The guy just laughed lol

Years ago when i was a new agent,I ws cold door knocking with veteran agent to learn.
We cam to a housw with a sign by the door that said "we shoot every third salesman that knocks and the second one just left" I thought oh shit.. Undaunted my partner knocked. A man oprned the door, my partner pointed his finger at him, points at the sign and shoots him with his finger, says Bang got you first and starts laughing. The guy just laughed lol
Lol, he disarmed him with humor.

Back