Angry At Being Door Knocked Signed Lead Card In Hand

I have...telephone cold called...and hated every minute. Then I discovered ways to get people to come to me and life improved dramatically. I was happier, I made more sales and started collecting clients rather than customers.

If an agent doesn't like the way people respond to their intrusive ways they can...change their approach...

If I remember correctly you target the Medicare market. It is totally different than FE. If an agent waited for these {FE} people to come to them they would starve to death. I...rarely get a call from someone who wants to buy life insurance.

Yep...everyone feels the same way - "hate making outbound calls" ...etc.
You're one step up from being a telemarketer...even when saying "Hi Mary this is Barry and I'm responding to your request for...blah blah..." CLICK....still intrusive telemarketing approach...yuck...

Who likes telemarketers...raise your hand?

"Change your approach"...
Maybe try just sitting back, putting on your headset and waiting a few minutes for people to start calling you...all day long...talk to people who picked up the phone and made the effort on their end...after watching a TV commercial for FE....

Talk when you want...on your schedule...no one on your back or looking over your shoulder...

Your contracts wherever you want them to be at...go get the highest commission levels you can get for yourself..

Just log in, get in the cue and only talk to people who want to talk to you...what a concept...call me 631-664-7883.

Last edited:
Plenty of I hate you,I hate me,I want to market to you........

Same old forum

I door knock every single lead hard if I can’t get them on phone within 2 days . I get in 90% of homes . If necessary I’m very very aggressive to get in . If you don’t get in the leads trashed anyway so it’s do or die at the door . If I don’t get in I say “ Lady stop filling these damm leads out as they cost $30 . How’d you like it if I stole 7 packs of your cigs every day ? Well you stole $30 from me .

I am starting to get enough of these cards that I have been very tempted to fill out one or two just so I can see a salesperson at work. in the end though, I don't care to put up with the aggravation and from reading here, I also know that for many of the cards I get, the person on the steps did not actually mail out the card I received and that it does represent a cost to them.

Plenty of I hate you,I hate me,I want to market to you........

Same old forum

Hey man, you seem like you need a check up from the neck up. I don't say that in a mean way, but as a guy that does that regularly... :yes:

As to people that don’t want to see you, for the most part that is just a natural response they would give the greatest salesman of all time... it's not you it's them.

Try this. Each day before you leave the house ask your wife to tell you that you need to speak to everyone you knock today. At the door when they say no, get a forlorn look on your face and say, could you please help me out. My boss told me I have to get a quick sit down with each of these people, show him some other cards, can we just sit for second or 2?

I will often work that into the approach... Hi, xxx, I'm the guy who is responsible for bringing the information to the folk in this area, "do you have a spot we could sit down for a second?"

No one, I mean no one gets them all. Your against the odds, but a few adjustments may encrease your chances.

I hope that was helpful... was a cold door knocker in my early days. PM me if you would like more suggestions... I do not recruit!

Hey man, you seem like you need a check up from the neck up. I don't say that in a mean way, but as a guy that does that regularly... :yes:

As to people that don’t want to see you, for the most part that is just a natural response they would give the greatest salesman of all time... it's not you it's them.

Try this. Each day before you leave the house ask your wife to tell you that you need to speak to everyone you knock today. At the door when they say no, get a forlorn look on your face and say, could you please help me out. My boss told me I have to get a quick sit down with each of these people, show him some other cards, can we just sit for second or 2?

I will often work that into the approach... Hi, xxx, I'm the guy who is responsible for bringing the information to the folk in this area, "do you have a spot we could sit down for a second?"

No one, I mean no one gets them all. Your against the odds, but a few adjustments may encrease your chances.

I hope that was helpful... was a cold door knocker in my early days. PM me if you would like more suggestions... I do not recruit!

Merry Christmas...again simply looking for funny comebacks for lead card replies who have zero common courtesy to strangers.

Simple as that.....

An addition to the previous post....after marketing....philosophical lectures.

I am good bro

Agents who are part of the BGA seem to be doing well.
Digital BGA Review [For Agents Thinking Of Joining]

Prospects call them. All work is by phone and email.

No door knocking. No cold calling.

And BTW, I sold life insurance initially and hated it. I didn't "starve to death" but I also did not enjoy it. So I gravitated into employee benefits. A tough market and definitely not an easy or quick sale.

My time there (1976 to 2010) was profitable. When managed care arrived on the scene it became more challenging. With the passage of Obamacare I bailed on that market and never looked back.

I did get referrals in life insurance . . . but I had to beg for them.

Also got referrals in the employee benefits market. Never begged but they didn't come along as often.

I get a lot of referrals from my Medicare clients and never once begged. I could do very well from referrals and renewals but I also pay someone to manage my SM advertising to stimulate the flow of new business. That is my choice, not something I have to do to keep from starving.

The Medicare market isn't easier from life insurance, just different. The agent is still selling a product that is no different from what other agents offer.

The difference is the AGENT, not the product.

Too often agents are never taught how to market themselves and develop CLIENTS, not policyholders. They have a car salesman mentality. Very few car salesmen get repeat customers, not clients, customers.

There are a number of agents on the forum who have sold cars, siding and so forth. Some were successful but most probably weren't. If they were successful they wouldn't be here. But how many of the folks that sold those products got referrals and repeat business?

Not many.

If your success, by whatever measure you want, is based on a canned sales pitch, power phrases, "closing techniques" and snappy comebacks you are doing something wrong.

An agent who knows how to create value in the advice they offer will never go hungry.

If you hate what you are doing the problem is you, not your product, not your customer base.

Life is too short to spend time doing something you hate. Do what you love the money will follow.

I disagree the Medicare mkt is not 1000% easier than the fe mkt as far as people’s interest level and then wanting to talk to you . They HAVE to have a med supp . In Life ins your selling something they don’t have to have and the only benefit is when they die . With Medicare I’m a advisor and educator of something few understand .Also if I get their life also nobody is knocking me out of there . Someday get a stack of 50 fe leads and bang on some doors and tell me med sup not much easier . I also sold aca this yr and that was easy too . It’s incredible how appreciative people are when you help them with there health needs .

Yesterday I had someone say to me when I door knocked them and they said “can’t you read?” There must have been a “no trespassing “ sign in the yard. As soon as I saw the face I knew he was a loser so I just simply tell him “please don’t send in any more cards if you don’t want to be contacted “.

That’s generally my standard response. Sometimes it sends someone over the edge and gets them really angry.

I had a guy come after me with a shovel,been threatened,chased off over the years,mostly after the rude person who sent in the card feels safe,like when I’m back in my truck or clearly walking away off the property.

They also like to say “don’t send me the cards” or I’ll do whatever I want”.

With these type folks,they almost always act like I’m in the wrong and they expected the information requested mailed to them or a telephone call.

I never pay attention to signs and door knock all my cards.
The only concern I have is a loose dog that may be rogue.

Looking for some good comebacks

Any suggestions ?
Quit worrying about snappy comebacks. Simply say, "i apologize for bothering you. Thank you for time and have good day." and then go find someone that wants to speak with you.

Quit worrying about snappy comebacks. Simply say, "i apologize for bothering you. Thank you for time and have good day." and then go find someone that wants to speak with you.
Agree 110%. I think @noah just wants to have a little fun on the forum, though. I’m hoping that he doesn’t actually enjoy smarting off to people. I don’t know how things are in Florida, but here in Texas, buckshot really hurts!

(We call them “sh-tguns”)
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Merry Christmas...again simply looking for funny comebacks for lead card replies who have zero common courtesy to strangers.

Simple as that.....

An addition to the previous post....after marketing....philosophical lectures.

I am good bro

I use this term, "I never want to leave my head in someone'd door frame!" Simple put, I've done a ton, and I mean a ton for cold door knocking in my time.

I learned that I could never let the door I just knocked effect the next door I was going to knock. So when the crazies came to the door, I tried never to be rude, but I never allowed them to verbally shove me around. There are ways to address people in an unconfrontational way, and yet not let them steal the two objects hanging down between your legs for the day.

You have to remain tough minded in this business, and it's something you have to work on everyday.

I just thought of another one. If you get to the door and they don't let you even get your approach out, say this...

"Well now I don't know where to deliver the check!" :huh:

:laugh::laugh: But only say it as you are headed back to your car but loud enough they hear it... ;)

I love playing with people's gray matter... especially when they think they know it all!

Does that make me a bad person? :wubclub:

Back