Blogs Blogs Blogs

Wow - you really know this stuff! Are you sure you should be working in Insurance? haha.

Thanks for your kind words. I struggle every day with that question. I split my time between my lead generation business and my agency. I'm trying to wean myself away from the agency, but it isn't easy.

In fact, I just got certified as an Search Engine Optimizer yesterday. I flew home from Florida last night. I'm not for hire as an SEO guy either by the way. I just want to get the most out of my websites and others I plan to build.

Oh, I forgot to ask you, do you host do you host your blog (https://1800insurancect.com/blog/2009/01/buying-health-insurance-on-your-own.html) yourself, or do you use the free Blogger software? I only currently use the free version of Wordpress (wordpress.com) and I have a Blogger version too.

That blog is on the Blogger platform AND it is hosted on my website. However, Wordpress is better. My other blogs use that platform. Go to Wordpress.org not ".com" if you want the version that you can host on your site.

Would I just have to insert the code in the Wordpress section that says "Custom CSS"?

Umm... sort of. Some, but not all of the changes go there. It's complex. You will need a custom solution so I can't just send you the code I use. You will need someone who knows CSS to do it for you.

I found this comment while looking into migrating from Blogger to WP hosted on my site.

Google loves Blogger blogs. It’s no wonder, it’s their company. Do their algorithms give Blogger blogs an unseen advantage? In a way, yes. First, by being a subdomain off of an established Google owned domain this seems to allow them to get recognized quicker than comparable self-hosted WordPress blogs. Second, the default Blogger templates are rather SEO friendly and can be made even more so. Lastly, you can find a keyword targeted URL name easier than you can in the domain marketplace although the Blogger names are also becoming more competitive.

Many WordPress themes are poorly optimized for SEO so you will need to take this into consideration. You will also have the challenge of getting Google to recognize your new domain. While rapid indexing techniques can help you’ll sometimes encounter domains that Google stubbornly refuses to recognize for various reasons. Lastly, finding a keyword rich domain name for your niche blog can be difficult. You may have to buy one from a domain broker or auction which can be pricey.

Advantage: Blogger

Rebuttal?

Rebuttal?
WordPress has many themes that are optimized. They have several xHTML themes.

A blogger blog may get noticed more quickly. If you are an occasional blogger your new posts might get indexed more quickly on the Blogger platform. However, if you blog frequently Google will notice and will index your posts quickly.

I have one Blogger blog and several WordPress blogs. The ones that I post frequently on all get indexed the same day.

Blogger is easier to set up, but that is the only advantage I will give them.

Latest posts

Back