CMS & Non-commissionable Plans

The more Medicare beneficiaries complain, the more tyrannical CMS seems to become with it's regulations. Two years ago CMS started forcing us to tell beneficiaries that that should call CMS to get all coverage options, effectively promoting our competition and causing us to lose business. Last year CMS was potentially going to eliminate all FMO overrides, & they restricted HRA commissions. With all of these increasing regulations & the influx of carriers, such as Wellcare offering non-commissionable plans, how long do you think it will be until all MA-PDs & Med Supps are made non-commissionable by CMS? I'm giving it 1 to 2 years max, which is why I sold my book of business & am getting into real estate estate.

how long do you think it will be until all MA-PDs & Med Supps are made non-commissionable by CMS?
Can't say about MA but it's going to be a while on those supplements.

You can paint your butt red, white and blue while running around their office and CMS can't say jack when it comes to supplements.

Just do what @Chazm says and keep selling. It'll all work out.

The more Medicare beneficiaries complain, the more tyrannical CMS seems to become with it's regulations. Two years ago CMS started forcing us to tell beneficiaries that that should call CMS to get all coverage options, effectively promoting our competition and causing us to lose business. Last year CMS was potentially going to eliminate all FMO overrides, & they restricted HRA commissions. With all of these increasing regulations & the influx of carriers, such as Wellcare offering non-commissionable plans, how long do you think it will be until all MA-PDs & Med Supps are made non-commissionable by CMS? I'm giving it 1 to 2 years max, which is why I sold my book of business & am getting into real estate estate.
I just spoke to 3 different people over the past 4 months who didn't even know What Part A and B was, what they cost, if they needed them, and how to get them. Believe me, agents will ALWAYS be needed for Medicare. All of this chaos is due to the KamaLIAR and Biden Administration, and they will be gone in a few short weeks. This is why I stress to agents to pay CLOSE attention to politics (and stop voting Democrat!!), get involved, make friends in high places, and even run for office. You gotta purge the commies from office.

Last edited:
I must admit it is odd that CMS tells the carriers they can pay us DOUBLE for an MAPD sale, for a first timer (or unlike plan change), but then they come out with so many regulations to try to slow the enrollments...

Why is CMS still incentivizing sales of MAPD?

Why doesnt CMS even the playing field with a commission... or call it something else... on the original medicare. Imagine if agents got $10/month on the OM portion...

Back