Common denominator = Hustle

All of it falls under one and only one thing...everything, every issue, every problem in this business gets resolved, and has the same solution...with one thing...and that is...SEEING ENOUGH PEOPLE.

Seeing enough people drives production...production drives revenue/income...and that results in money, and with money you can solve any problem in your business.

Except for Commercial P&C. You can see people all day and not make a dime unless you're seeing the right people, the decision makers.

Yup.
A lot of new and not so new agents suffer from paralysis through analysis. As The Coach said 'Just Do it's.

Also, aggressively getting ready. They spend all of their energy and resources dry firing. On the Ready, Aim and not enough fire.

Not gonna lie...this was me (and still is somewhat). I would be the person literally thinking of everything i need to do before getting out there and selling. Website, landing pages, perfect busines cards, need a CRM, need this carrier, need this need that. I try to remind myself that I need to spend more time getting actually clients than preparing for getting the clients.

So true about "hustling" and not getting caught in the analysis paralysis that I have definitely been guilty of. I really like Pete Rose, a guy with limited skills but man could he put the ball in play and just get hits. The all time hit leader. Lots of people would overlook a guy like that. No weed used on this post just a strong malt liquor.

Seeing enough people drives production...production drives revenue/income...and that results in money, and with money you can solve any problem in your business.

It's hilarious how many of the account managers refuse to understand the difference between the importance of retaining a $500 client versus a $30,000 client. I try to explain it to them, and it's like trying to explain quantum math to my friends dog. They seem to think the office rent and their paychecks get covered by fairy dust and positive feelings.

So true about "hustling" and not getting caught in the analysis paralysis that I have definitely been guilty of. I really like Pete Rose, a guy with limited skills but man could he put the ball in play and just get hits. The all time hit leader. Lots of people would overlook a guy like that. No weed used on this post just a strong malt liquor.
When you Google Charlie Hustle.........

Pete Rose
peterose.com
Peter Edward Rose Sr., also known by his nickname "Charlie Hustle", is an American former professional baseball player and manager. Rose played in Major League Baseball from 1963 to 1986, most prominently as a member of the Cincinnati Reds lineup known as the Big Red Machine for their dominance of the National League in the 1970s.Wikipedia

About 8 months later I saw his truck for sale on a "local businesses for sale" ad for about $250k.

Some people fail because they are undercapitalized. Some fail because they didn't study the market before getting in.

A guy I knew years ago developed shopping centers (strip malls) and was quite successful where others failed. Before he bought the land he surveyed the neighborhood, looked at traffic patterns, road development, checked housing prices and apartment rents. He also counted mailboxes to determine how many people were within 5 miles of the land and could be potential customers. He looked for middle class neighborhoods. He planned and knew the market before investing.

He not only hustled, but worked smart. Hard work and hustle is not enough if you don't have a plan that will work.

$250k is a lot of money to come up with and is a definite barrier to entry for a lot of folks.

If it cost that much to get into the insurance business there would be a lot fewer agents but there would also be fewer flame outs from people thinking this business is easy money.

Some asshole in our neighborhood has been putting his dog sh*t bag in peoples trashcans by the road on trash day, while walking his dog.

It would be fine if it was before the trash picks up, but he does it after... so your trash can has dog shit cooking in it all day on a 95 degree day.... and smells like dog shit the whole week.

Mine was the latest victim. And I got him on my security camera doing it!
Posted a nice screenshot of his face to the neighborhood facebook group.

I also mentioned how its illegal and he can be fined up to $150 per instance by the city.... leading to 30days in jail for repeated infractions.

A different neighbor who was a victim of this guy printed out the pic and posted it around the neighborhood on every stop sign along with his first name and address!

Suddenly I got a $20 starbucks card in my mailbox along with an apology letter from his wife.

She posted on the FB group as well to apologize..... got BLASTED by neighbors asking why her husband is not man enough to apologize himself. I told her if there is a next time I will just give the video to the city police and let them show up at their door. She genuinely seemed mortified, Im sure she puts up with a lot from someone like that.

I had no clue something like this business existed, I should have demanded they hire one to clean my trash can.

---

We think the same person was leaving his dog poop bags in peoples yards at one point. We had that issue for a while but it suddenly stopped and this started.

Last edited:
Some asshole in our neighborhood has been putting his dog sh*t bag in peoples trashcans by the road on trash day, while walking his dog.

It would be fine if it was before the trash picks up, but he does it after... so your trash can has dog shit cooking in it all day on a 95 degree day.... and smells like dog shit the whole week.

Mine was the latest victim. And I got him on my security camera doing it!
Posted a nice screenshot of his face to the neighborhood facebook group.

I also mentioned how its illegal and he can be fined up to $150 per instance by the city.... leading to 30days in jail for repeated infractions.

A different neighbor who was a victim of this guy printed out the pic and posted it around the neighborhood on every stop sign along with his first name and address!

Suddenly I got a $20 starbucks card in my mailbox along with an apology letter from his wife.

She posted on the FB group as well to apologize..... got BLASTED by neighbors asking why her husband is not man enough to apologize himself. I told her if there is a next time I will just give the video to the city police and let them show up at their door. She genuinely seemed mortified, Im sure she puts up with a lot from someone like that.

I had no clue something like this business existed, I should have demanded they hire one to clean my trash can.

---

We think the same person was leaving his dog poop bags in peoples yards at one point. We had that issue for a while but it suddenly stopped and this started.
I had a guy a few years ago let his dog crap in my yard. I knew where he lived so I scooped it up in a shovel and left it for him on his front step in a spot where he'd step in it when he came out the door. Some people are disgusting and have no consideration of others.

Latest posts

Back