Dave Ramsey ELP

Dave Ramsey is a ridiculously arrogant self-proclaimed finanacial guru who is a far right wing republican who thinks the only good financial advise comes from the bible! All his ELP's are of the same mold. Everything he does has a financial insentive for HIM! He has some decent advise but for goodness sakes stop drinking the coolaid and expand your market to include people of all ethnicities, race, religion, etc.

Use spell check, it is your friend. It's incentive (with a "c"), it's advice (again, with a "c") and it's kool-aid (with a "k").

While I agree that Ramsey is in it for himself, I don't see how you get that he is leaving out any race. Nor do I view him as "far" right wing. Last I checked, we are all capable of creating debt and making bad financial decisions. I'm always bothered when people start using the race card and terms like "far right wing". It's as if they start every conversation with a chip on their shoulder.

Also, what's wrong with following financial advice from the Bible? It only makes statements like, "The borrower is a slave to the lender". Is it a bad thing to try and live a debt-free life?

Use spell check, it is your friend. It's incentive (with a "c"), it's advice (again, with a "c") and it's kool-aid (with a "k").

While I agree that Ramsey is in it for himself, I don't see how you get that he is leaving out any race. Nor do I view him as "far" right wing. Last I checked, we are all capable of creating debt and making bad financial decisions. I'm always bothered when people start using the race card and terms like "far right wing". It's as if they start every conversation with a chip on their shoulder.

Also, what's wrong with following financial advice from the Bible? It only makes statements like, "The borrower is a slave to the lender". Is it a bad thing to try and live a debt-free life?

I agree! As I mentioned earlier, I went through Dave's course and we had about 300 involved. There were folks from every race, creed, and background. Some were professionals and some were blue collar, but we all had something in common; everyone had a desire to get out of debt!

Dave can be very black & white and in your face and maybe that is why he turns some off. I certainly don't agree with everything he says but he makes sense on a lot of things especially being debt free.

He may quote the bible sometimes but it is a book that can provide answers to questions in every area of life even if you believe in God or not.

I've gotta respectfully disagree...

"Money" and "business" decisions are best made through logic, and not emotion.

What do you suppose happens when you go down to the grocery store, and when you get to the front of the line tell them that you don't have any money, but you do have peace of mind? Cash is king baby!

Dave Ramsey and those of his ilk fail to make the distinction between good debt and bad debt.

Leave emotion out of it. Make business and money decisions based on logic.

I agree with you, but I have to say if people used logic and not emotion when it comes to business and money we'd all be a lot better off. I would guess maybe only 5% actually do this.

How many times have you heard this? "No I can't afford this insurance policy because I have to make payments on my 2 cars, my boat, my 4 wheeler, and I need money for the bar, bowling, golfing, beer, smokes, and having pizza delivered every freaking night. So I just can't afford your $50 a month life insurance policy. It's not in the budget. Besides I have my 10k group term life at work and my wife would probably get remarried, so I think we're all set."

Last edited:
My wife and I joke about this. I die and her ad goes up on EHarmony:

"Recently widowed with 1 million. Contact me." Great, so now her new boyfriend gets a Porche.

Ramsey continually counsels consumers to ignore their credit rating, just cut up the cards. I agree consumer credit card debt is awful, but his advice is just plain wrong for people who need good credit to buy a car or house. It's easy for counselors (who have nothing to lose) to spout advice that sounds good, but is stupid, like "Feed yourself first."

Ramsey continually counsels consumers to ignore their credit rating, just cut up the cards. I agree consumer credit card debt is awful, but his advice is just plain wrong for people who need good credit to buy a car or house. It's easy for counselors (who have nothing to lose) to spout advice that sounds good, but is stupid, like "Feed yourself first."

I have to laugh at the guy who says Ramsey is a right wing Republican.

Ramsey tells people to pay off their credit cards. Contrast this with Obama who wants to bail everyone out and not be responsible for their debts.

How dare Ramsey advocate personal responsibility. Those right wing Republicans actually expecting people should be responsible for their debts. How dare them!

:laugh:

I don't agree with everything he says but I don't have to cause THIS IS AMERICA ,remember that!!!!!!!!! land of the free and to the people that have freedom of speach whether you agree with them or not. cause many have died for that RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Ramsey is a ridiculously arrogant self-proclaimed finanacial guru who is a far right wing republican who thinks the only good financial advise comes from the bible! All his ELP's are of the same mold. Everything he does has a financial insentive for HIM! He has some decent advise but for goodness sakes stop drinking the coolaid and expand your market to include people of all ethnicities, race, religion, etc.

I know for a fact that Dave Ramsey's program is open to everyone. He does in fact have clients from all different religions, different races, ethnicities, and even has domestic partnership clients both same sex and opposite sex. They also produce both secular and non-secular programs for the worksite programs. So there is nothing stopping anyone from using Dave's services other than they may not like him politically. If you disagree please state your source to prove your allegations.

Back