Democrat debate

I agree that it will never be law as written now, but if by chance his plan was approved then what? I never thought Tricare for Life would pass. I was hoping they would just supplement their retirement and let them pay for their own coverage. Well it passed and I lost thousands.

Hope for the best, diversify for the worst.

I will say that I, for one, will not be voting for Trump. I don't find him to be effective in his role as President and he actually hurts public discourse.

I believe we need a Moderate, either Republican or Democrat, that can help unify vs divide.

I'm not against increased taxes for better services. However, there's a ton of waste in the system as is... So we could probably start there (I mean in programs, not a party or politician)

I have no issues with gay people marrying and generally treating people better than they'd treat us. I'm against ballooning debt for poor policies.

The real way to solve the college issue is to stop issuing Fed backed loans. Colleges should be in the free market. Fed backed loans allow for free money to higher education. Also, some people shouldn't go to college. I have a degree and a good job in government... That I'm leaving as soon as student loans are forgiven (it's only interest that's forgiven, over time)

Had I been smarter, I would have just went straight to sales and made more money without debt.

The ACA was supposed to be a lot better. It went into committee and was sliced up.

I presume you mean the committees where Democrats held the majority.

Some Republicans wanted to preserve the (then) current system as much as possible and create a national risk pool. That would have been considerably less disruptive and come in with a much smaller price tag than Obamacare.

As soon as underwriting was stripped out the affordable part no longer applied . . . if it ever did.

Premiums HAD to double at the very least and many tripled.

Over 90% of health insurance carriers abandoned the market by 2016. Most of those bailed before 2014.

Obamacare passed both houses without a single Republican vote.

And let's not forget about the co-ops funded with taxpayer dollars. 23 formed with more than $2 BILLION in taxpayer dollars in 2013. By 2015 19 had failed.

By any measure Obamacare was an utter failure and it was NEVER affordable.

Some Republicans wanted to preserve the (then) current system as much as possible and create a national risk pool. That would have been considerably less disruptive and come in with a much smaller price tag than Obamacare.

As soon as underwriting was stripped out the affordable part no longer applied . . . if it ever did.

Over 90% of health insurance carriers abandoned the market by 2016. Most of those bailed before 2014.

And let's not forget about the co-ops funded with taxpayer dollars. 23 formed with more than $2 BILLION in taxpayer dollars in 2013. By 2015 19 had failed.

Not Just premiums, Out of pocket deductible unheard of before

For my $12 K in premiums, I get to pay 12 K in deductible before Ins pays anything even for meds & Doc visits, Then its 50% coinsurance for another $1,500 out of pocket

I could have gone with a plan with copays for near $3K per month

Also, it burns me up to know that illegal immigrant in CA will get subsidy up to $150 K per year when I don't

I'm talking about the general legislative process. Laws rarely retain their initial writing as they were introduced in committee.

The ACA was over 10 years ago. I think we all agree it's not working in its current form.

Yep, Democrats shoved through a crappy healthcare bill and succeeded. Republicans tried to shove a crappy healthcare bill and failed.

Imo, when party's win, the country loses.

For me, the blame game is exhausting. in this instance I'm not going to worry about Medicare for All until there's a real bill on the way to approval.

Last edited:
It will be MEDICAID for all if it ever happens . . . which I doubt

Harris is the only one who scares me. Too many folks vote based on popularity, not on substance.

On paper there is no reason why anyone should have voted for Obama. The thinnest resume of anyone who has ever served. Never vetted. His background cloaked in secrecy. Many things we still do not know and that is not counting the birth certificate.

Never released information about college admission or transcripts. A do-nothing Senator who was absent and running for prez more than working in Congress.

Never held a real job. Nothing remarkable in his tenure as a professor. No political accomplishments.

He was elected on promises and re-elected on lies.

Harris has no qualifications either but people will vote because she is a woman, because of skin color and because she has the ability to make promises that are believeable.

She is the anti-Trump
Why Obama is mum about Harvard - WND - WND

How is that different from any of the others?

Everything free
Loan forgiveness
No need for health insurance
Late term abortion and killing babies born alive
Open borders (no border)
Illegal aliens get free health care
Illegal aliens can vote
Constitution is irrelevant
Protest patriotism and authority
Disrespect for police

The list is endless

In spite of all this, people are supporting these candidates for one reason.

They hate Trump.
I just got me a black President Trump 2020 Keep America Great hat. I hope some fool tries to knock it off my head!!! :yes:

I just ordered new business cards too. Under my name in big red letters...Keeping America Great.:biggrin:

You really think people support these candidates solely because they hate Trump?
Yes. I have a sister who swears she's a Conservative, but hates Trump and voted for Crooked Hillary. All the Dumbs resist everything Trump wants to do, even though they felt the way Trump feels now, before Trump. They'll let the country go to hell, rather than let Trump have a win. :mad:

Back